Authentic Plume Veil issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

cha6040

ECF Veteran
I have an authentic plume veil with some issues and it makes me sad.:( The center post seems to have loosened up a lot and won't stay put causing it to not fire. I can push the post back down with my thumb, it might fire once, but not anymore. Is there any way to fix this or am I just going to have to buy a new one? Is there somewhere I can get a replacement post?

cha6040

ECF Veteran
forgive me if this is too obvious but have you screwed the pin in tight from underneath.
You're a genius! Tightened it down and it's good to go! But that makes "adjustable" bottom pin useless since if you're trying to adjust it out the center pin becomes loose.

coolercoiler

Dec 5, 2014
uk
You're a genius! Tightened it down and it's good to go! But that makes "adjustable" bottom pin useless since if you're trying to adjust it out the center pin becomes loose.

not all are meant to be adjustable, some pins are just screws to hold them together. Most mods have the adjustments built into them instead now, either floating or sprung loaded centre pins.

glad it was an easy fix

cha6040

ECF Veteran
Don't mean to thread jack here but how can you tell if a plume veil is authentic or not?
You got me wondering. Apparently mine is not authentic. It's a clone but a damn good clone, good as in it looks legit. The guy who gave it to me said it was an authentic, but he was wrong. By the way, I got it working again, let's see how long it will last this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread