Authorized/genuine sellers stamping their "name" on all Joye hardware...WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Hi all,

can someone please explain to me why the legit companies like thevaporpro, cignot, cigtech, etc who sell the Joye kits have their company names STAMPED on allt he Joye hardware? I'm not sure about you but when I buy a genuine product I want the companies name who made the product on it only, not the seller!

I wrote thevaporpro about it and they replied back saying that's how you can determine a real 510 vs a fake one lol...what am I missing? If a company is an authorized resller of the product by joyetech, then all that needs to be done is Joytech mentioning it on their site somewhere with appropriate links on both Joytech and the authorized resellers sites and that's that. To me having "thevaporpro" stamped all over the place is tacky and makes the product look fake rather than genuine.

I just don't get it...

Is there anywhere I can buy Joye products...GENUINE PRODUCTS where only Joye's name is stamped on the items? I tried going to joyetech's website but you are not able to order from their site so it seems.

Thanks for any help/feedback.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Thats how the rebrander's work. Try to convince you they have something special or different. If it were not for ECF and the other forums, people would never know what joye, SLB, Smoktech, Kanger, ect.. were. You would never know you could buy the EXACT same thing from someone else for much cheeper.

But we do have ECF, and people share the exact makers of the equipment. In the end though, doesn't really matter what they stamp on it. Joye is not the best equipment on the planet anymore. They were great at the start, but now they are over-priced and a lot of the other china manufacturers are producing better attys and cartos. "Genuine Joye" is just a lame attempt to overcharge anyways.

CigChris

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2010
chicago
www.Cigtechs.com
"can someone please explain to me why the legit companies like thevaporpro, cignot, cigtech, etc who sell the Joye kits have their company names STAMPED on allt he Joye hardware?"

I think you may have my company mixed with anothers, we DO NOT rebrand our logo or name on Joye Products. As far as rebranding though I can see why a suppleir would. Advertisment and more importantly, when a customer has a defective piece it can be proven it was purchased from that company. I can not count how many times people swore up and down they bought an atty or batt from cigtechs that is defective only to discover it was another company.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Not confused, I E-Mailed customer service and asked and got that response that I gave above, was the same response I got from thevaporpro, etc, but I'm glad you corrected the issue if you are saying you guys do not do that.

However I don't see why it's needed, if someone says they bought something from you look up their order, it shouldn't be difficult to validate. If they have no order, they are full of bs.:)

CigChris

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2010
chicago
www.Cigtechs.com
no problem :), only kits and parts that i am aware form joye that have Joye or the model name on it, is the ego type kits, the 510 kits atty and batteries DO NOT have any name what so ever on them they are plain just as shown on my site. And yes you can look up their order, but i promise even when suppliers state to the customer they never purchased that item or at all with them, they still swear they have, branding is just another measure to ensure the product was purchased from that supplier, as much as many people do not like advertising a company name on a product we all do it, Nike shoes, coach purses etc...

CigChris

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2010
chicago
www.Cigtechs.com
Best way to determine true Joye products seeing there are SO many clones now a days is to really work and be-friend the supplier ask them if they carry true Joye products and if so how they can support that statement. I can support it by offering the invoice from joye, or explaining the difference of a joye atomizer vs a clone. Also the box and directions.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Yeah in my original post I meant to say I had asked about the ego t, not the 510 so in that aspect you are correct.

As far as Nike, Coach, etc...you are buying Nike shoes or Coach wallets (that is the name brand) so of course it's going to be on the product. But buying a Joye electronic cigarette from thevaporpro is not thevaporpro's product, it's Joye's, so the only name I expect to see on it is Joye's, regardless of who is selling it.

If I bought Nike shoes from Amazon I wouldn't expect to see "Amazon" stamped on my shoes lol...get me? I just think what those companies are doing is kinda tacky and it degrades the products appearance in my opinion, I'm sure many people probably don't care but I'm picky like that. But I'm glad to find out that you do not do that, I will def be buying from you then, I was almsot ready to give up on Joye.

Rysup

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2011
Sydney, Australia
If I bought Nike shoes from Amazon I wouldn't expect to see "Amazon" stamped on my shoes lol...get me? I just think what those companies are doing is kinda tacky and it degrades the products appearance in my opinion, I'm sure many people probably don't care but I'm picky like that. But I'm glad to find out that you do not do that, I will def be buying from you then, I was almsot ready to give up on Joye.

Bit different though as Nike/Coach/whatever are full retail commercial businesses... Joye is much more a manufacturer then a retailer...

newcomer

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2011
Woodlands
If the only reasoning is verifying the origin of purchase of the product, then the most logical option would be to stamp a serial no. or symbol inside the product itself, not so visible. Otherwise, it's just another excuse to mask the manufacturer's name.
Having said that, I think people are too caught up with "genuine joye, real ego t, original this original that". There are too many brands and models out there and whether they are clones or not, they are still very good products, some even much so than Joyes!
IMHO, selling them with the genuine tagline is another attempt to overcharge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread