Auto links from the board are not a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Lol, I think agree.
I'll stay in C'ville. Land of statues and angry people.

There is a nice little two story house in a very secluded area of what was once Menchville that has a rather large garage/shed that may or may not contain several hundred jars of moonshine. Of course it would not be wise to approach the property from any direction unless you are intimately related to the owner as I am.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I was born in Newport News. So now there are at least two Virginians in this thread. Hah.
I used to live next to "The Virginian" James Drury. but that was in Houston... now I'm confused, what were we talking about?

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Well, for right now, I've been replacing a letter in the words that generate auto links to make my posts readable. I'd rather not do this. I have no problem with the links being inserted. I have not found them to be useful and only mildly annoying. I think the annoyance was just from looking back at my posts and seeing links that I did not intend to create, so it's not a big deal. And, who knows, maybe the links will get me to check out a vendor that I am unfamiliar with. But there isn't any point in posting if the text is made unreadable at first glance and that's why I'm modifying words here and there.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Well, for right now, I've been replacing a letter in the words that generate auto links to make my posts readable. I'd rather not do this. I have no problem with the links being inserted. I have not found them to be useful and only mildly annoying. I think the annoyance was just from looking back at my posts and seeing links that I did not intend to create, so it's not a big deal. And, who knows, maybe the links will get me to check out a vendor that I am unfamiliar with. But there isn't any point in posting if the text is made unreadable at first glance and that's why I'm modifying words here and there.
I have been doing the same, its a pain

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
It's broken and it's been reported.
As soon as a tech person can it will get fixed.

Moved to Site Feedback and Help
It's still annoying as all get-out. Maybe an option to turn it off? I'm never going to buy anything from one of those links, anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread