Available box mods with an affordable price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatestUnKnown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Bay Area CA.
The REO is a mechanical so it would be different than your MVP. I love my REOs but have been thinking about VV/VW devices lately.

I think the VaporShark DNA20/30 is a great compact and quality looking device and would be a great upgrade for an MVP.

The Duke and the HexOhm are some heavy duty APV's that are geared towards experienced vapers who like mechs or dripping but want a vape that VW devices cant give you.

All of these devices mentioned are $120-200 so if that is affordable to you than any one would be a great choice.:2c:

I dont own any VV/VW devices and am partial to my REOs but you cant go wrong with an American made 100% indestructable bottom feeder:D

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
I'm having the same problem pretty much. I don't like tubes. I want a box mod that's not made of or looks like cheap plastic. I want to vape at 3.7 regulated volts. I can find readily available black plastic ones that take an 18650 but I really don't want what looks like a detonator. Either 18650 is fine but I would also like 18500 but have never seen any of those. I want it to be classy looking.. no luck. MVP2-required button pressure is just too much for me and I don't like a feeder so Reo is out. VTR (I think) is too heavy to comfortably hold for long. I've been searching for weeks and have come up with nothing that meets my really very simple needs. When I smoked I wanted a classy looking gold lighter. I haven't changed. I want that in a box mod.

The button pressure on the MVP is an issue for me, the only thing that I don't like about it. Padding the button helps. I'm using craft foam, other people are using bunion pads, "feet" for electronics, etc. There is also a "take it apart and shave down the grommet" fix at http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ste-mvp-v2-owners-group-296.html#post13442316 (post 11817 for details) that I haven't been able to try myself (need help and didn't have a small enough torq screwdriver head while the help-- aka daughter -- was visiting) but it sounds really promising.

I realize that some people like the fact that it is hard to accidentally operate when in a pocket, but the button on the VV v3 is so much easier.

Last edited:

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I went ahead and got 5 VV3's and am happy with them. 800mah is not much for me as I don't like to drain a batt totally so I need that many while at home all day and carrying two when out is enough. I always have two or three plugged in right next to me while using the others rotating flavors... yeh, I'm lazy and don't like constant fiddling with setups. Weight-wise carrying while out, I don't think two of them together exceeds the MVP V2 weight. I'm also already spoiled by the 3-click on and button pressure of the VV3 as well as staying put when laid down.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
The button pressure on the MVP is an issue for me, the only thing that I don't like about it. Padding the button helps. I'm using craft foam, other people are using bunion pads, "feet" for electronics, etc.
As another person who has hand issues which makes button pressure along with weight and comfort a huge factor in determining whether a mod works for me or not, the button pressure of the MVP V2.0 is a big issue. Otherwise its a nice mod. It doesn't feel too heavy and sits in my hand comfortably. Unlike my full sized Reo Grand which has a nice button but the squared off edges of the box and its weight combine to sit very uncomfortably in my hand. The discontinued 14500 Reo mini sits much better, love it.

The MVP V2.0 is popular enough that you can buy one as a trial. Use a different atomizer than whatever is packaged with it until you've decided if you like it or not. If you don't you should be able to sell it along with the unused atomizers for only $5 less than you bought it for, assuming that you didn't overpay when you bought it. I say atomizer instead of calling out a particular one because the MVP is packaged in at least 5 different models or editions each of which has a different atomizer in the package.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread