AVE's now a thing of the past in my book...

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelg04

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2012
Chicago
as much as i would like to agree with the OP, until i can find a juices as good as, boba's, gorrilla, and banana slurry with flavor bump, i can't write them off. i could live without banana slurry, but not bobas or gorilla, i havent found anything that comes close to being as good as those 2, out of the 100 or so juices i've tried, maybe even more than that

DaleC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
I've given up on them solely for the fact that I've been trying to order from them for over a month, and still can't get a bottle of this juice to try out. I've moved on and gone DIY and found some good juices from different vendors. I think it's sad that a business is run like this. I wouldn't be surprised if s one thing is up with the owners. On the other hand, I can say that I don't even care what the deal is since I've never even had the pleasure of trying the juice in the first place.

#movingforward

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
I just wonder why it use to be in the "old" days no vendors accepted credit cards we all had to use paypal. Slowly it became credit card friendly and now paypal is not accepted anywhere. You would think some at least would still accept paypal. Brick and mortar stores are accepting paypal now, Home Depot for one.

sigh.......U.S. paypal will not allow ecigs sales/buys on their site. if they think you are dealing with ecigs they very well might close down your account. never mention ecigs, this forum or your username on PP
in the real old days (before ecigs) you placed an order, mailed a check. they cashed the check and sent your stuff.

bgail

Verified Member
May 7, 2009
Central Ohio
sigh.......U.S. paypal will not allow ecigs sales/buys on their site. if they think you are dealing with ecigs they very well might close down your account. never mention ecigs, this forum or your username on PP
in the real old days (before ecigs) you placed an order, mailed a check. they cashed the check and sent your stuff.

Not to wonder off topic of this forum but I didn't know that, good to finally quit wondering..that's shame on them..

Jermania

Moved On
Jun 18, 2012
Valhalla
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Nothing to see here...

josho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
CA
When I ordered my small bottles of bobas and gj, I ended up liking them. They were good, even great, after a few weeks of steeping. But great enough to outweigh the fact that I had to replace my credit card, and they're almost impossible to obtain? Nope. Sorry. I wasn't even a regular customer, but as a first time customer there is no chance I will turn into a repeat customer.

Wulfe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Kansas City, MO
facebook.com
To be totally honest I hope all of you have moved on. That is one less person i have to worry about snaking away a slot to purchase Boba's. These guys WILL be back, and regardless of how much you whine about them they WILL have plenty of vendors/customers that a handful of cry babies is not going to make any difference to them. I find it so damn hilarious how one juice from a mom and pop organization can have so much affect on you kids. Seriously grow up, find some other juices

Chiwen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Michigan
To be totally honest I hope all of you have moved on. That is one less person i have to worry about snaking away a slot to purchase Boba's. These guys WILL be back, and regardless of how much you whine about them they WILL have plenty of vendors/customers that a handful of cry babies is not going to make any difference to them. I find it so damn hilarious how one juice from a mom and pop organization can have so much affect on you kids. Seriously grow up, find some other juices

Lol. Reading your crap all over has made me giggle a few times. Get off of it already. Crybabies? Whining? Ave is a company. Small yes, but a company none the less. I've been loyal to Ave for over 2 years. Gorilla juice all day buddy. I've gone through numerous droughts, and had 2 credit cards stolen after buying from AVE. Still remained loyal.

To leave everyone high and dry for this long, without so much as a 3 second 'hi, we are alive, be back soon' is flat out disrespect for us. Will I buy gorilla juice still? Yup.. I love it. Will I defend AVE over making a poor business decision in not updating customers on their status? Nah. Had they said something, anything, this lashout people are giving wouldn't be happening.

They make Alot of money from these customers. Many of these customers are literally addicted to the juice. Needs to be more communication, it IS owed to the customers, whether you guys argue semantics on what they HAVE or DONT HAVE to do. Get off Bens wiener.

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk 2

Chiwen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Michigan
While I don't really agree with some of what you're saying, this particular part made me lol :D

:p a lovely thing opinions are lol.

And, just to clarify. I'm not bashing Ben or Christie at all. I've talked to them on occasion and I truly feel like they are great people. I do, however, feel like when you are running a business you take on an obligation to your customer base. I get that they are having issues, they have had many issues over the last couple years. I've supported them through them all. In fact, I still do.

That being said, I've paid out alot of money over the years for their product, as have most of us. I do feel that they should at least say something to put people's minds at ease. AVE is in a class of its own, we know it and they know it. They also know many people are flat out addicted to their juice. I'm picky about juice to the point I can't vape anything else. I always compare everything to AVE juice, can't help it, it's too good.

Sure they don't HAVE to do anything. As a small business owner I feel there is an unspoken obligation to the customer in regards to things like this, for product as important as this. We aren't talking about bike seats here, many seats will do! This is an everyday need for many people to keep them off the cancer sticks.

Some people have been a little to hard on them here perhaps, but some people also handle frustration differently. It's something you have to deal with as business owners, I think they are handling this wrong. I don't think them people should be jumped on in several threads though. They are ......, some may believe rightfully so.

I just look forward to seeing that Open sign :)

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk 2

Panky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Miami
While not having a dog in this hunt I was rather amused by all the posts. Does no one know someone that can knock on a door? Someone surely does know what the deal actually is, Sure the biz should have said something but someone out there actually knows the story.....

The ones out there that can knock on the door already have their juice :glare:

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
I'm not on here day-to-day so I get a chance to let the conversations flow and grow. It's good to see what people are thinking and what the concerns are.

Here is what's going on with us. We are not going out of business. We have been closed and we let everyone know we would be closed for a long and indefinite amount of time. That hasn't changed. We are using a lot of our resources to make the business better as a whole, if we were going out of business I could have saved myself a lot of money thus far. During this outage I've even hired on new employees.

We are redesigning a website and restructuring our business. There were many complaints about our company and I'm taking the time required to address them. I don't think I'll fix everything but I want to fix those items that are sub-par or were broken.

I understand that you cannot order from us at this time. This was expected and is caused by our being offline. I'll post an update in thread of its own later. It will mirror the one I added to FaceBook just awhile ago. There is a lot going on and for now with the website offline (literally non-functional) my responses to concerns have to wait until there is a framework in place to address them. I don't like giving out half-information and I don't think anyone deserves that.

CDATundra

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2010
Idaho
This is great news Ben. Thanks for the update. I, as many are, am looking forward to you being operational again. Best of luck.

I'm not on here day-to-day so I get a chance to let the conversations flow and grow. It's good to see what people are thinking and what the concerns are.

Here is what's going on with us. We are not going out of business. We have been closed and we let everyone know we would be closed for a long and indefinite amount of time. That hasn't changed. We are using a lot of our resources to make the business better as a whole, if we were going out of business I could have saved myself a lot of money thus far. During this outage I've even hired on new employees.

We are redesigning a website and restructuring our business. There were many complaints about our company and I'm taking the time required to address them. I don't think I'll fix everything but I want to fix those items that are sub-par or were broken.

I understand that you cannot order from us at this time. This was expected and is caused by our being offline. I'll post an update in thread of its own later. It will mirror the one I added to FaceBook just awhile ago. There is a lot going on and for now with the website offline (literally non-functional) my responses to concerns have to wait until there is a framework in place to address them. I don't like giving out half-information and I don't think anyone deserves that.

catalyst

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Sweet Home Alabama
To be totally honest I hope all of you have moved on. That is one less person i have to worry about snaking away a slot to purchase Boba's.

I wholeheartedly agree. Less competition for boba's is great in my book.

Ben is just one dude with a small business. If you don't like the fact that he does it on his own time and at his leisure you'd probably be happier buying from a different supplier.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
I wholeheartedly agree. Less competition for boba's is great in my book.

Ben is just one dude with a small business. If you don't like the fact that he does it on his own time and at his leisure you'd probably be happier buying from a different supplier.

It sounded more to me that they didn't appreciate the credit card fraud that they believe originated from the AVE site.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
From my experience building websites you tend to under estimate the time period often. Changes are made, data entered, designs implemented etc etc.... Once you're half way there you cross your T's dot the i's and take care of the smaller details, test the thing and try your best to have everything 100% working and looking great.

AVE's case is a bit harder because of the merchant aspect (not just informational). I see the old site has been taken down, new people have been hired and I guess trained. This is a step in the right direction.

Am I ticked off? Only a little cause I love their juice.

Will I abandon them once back online? Certainly not!

I've been checking if the site is live every few days and gladly wait until it's up and running again. Will order some juice from some new vendors and broaden my horizons for now.

Just remember in the end the consumer will be happier knowing they can better handle their high traffic and demand. It is a Win / Win situation in my book. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread