The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Avs & cartos

Discussion in 'The GG' started by zuTma, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. zuTma

zuTma Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2010
    Croatia, Zagreb
    Need some input on carts in AVS(510 connector).
    Friend of mine just bought GGTS from me and I was planning to hook him up
    with my AVS that I don't use.
    He is brand new to vaping and I want to make things easier for him as much as I can :)
    So that's where carts come in... I've never used them and don't know much about them...
    If somebody can spread some info on what type go in AVS(510), do I need to punch a hole
    and where if so. Do I need to trim them and that type of stuff...
    I'm more than grateful for all your help :)
    Tnx

2. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    No need to punch 510 as they will draw in juice just like Attys will. Standard cartos can be trimmed to use the stock mouthpiece. Xl cartos you will have to use a drip tip. I have been using this method for a few days now and so far no leaks however I almost always keep my gg upright and can't say it won't leak a little if laid on it's side. I do know however it doesn't seem to leak with short stints on it's side or even upside down.

Hope this helps

3. wigglr

wigglr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2011
    Massachusetts
    I use atties and they work wonderfully! I can't chime in about the cartos though, sorry!

4. zuTma

Oct 22, 2010
    Croatia, Zagreb
    C'mon guys where are you? I heard about punching holes in cartos for use in AVS
    and there is nothing more than fill up the tank for three or four times per carto.
    For now I know 510-s don't need new holes and need trimming for use with mouthpiece.
    Is there any other type of carto that fit AVS?

5. RippleInStillWater

RippleInStillWater Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2010
    Land Of Corruption
    510s wouldn't work for me, I only use 808s and love them.....:)

6. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    808 cartos require you to punch them

7. Skyway

Skyway Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    NC - USA
    I started a thread just about this in this forum, surprised you didnt see it. I have been testing out some Dual Coil carts in my AFS(same thing as the AVS) and it works great. I did not bother to trim them. Just took the mouth piece off of the AFS and put a drip tip on the cart. No leaks whatsoever. I would assume any 510 cart would work fine. I did notice that since my DC are punched that I had to tighten up the liquid draw ring at the bottom so the juice would not flow down into the collector tank. With the punctures, the fluid draws into the cart in that fashion.

8. zuTma

Oct 22, 2010
    Croatia, Zagreb
    Ok thanks guys :)
    If I understand correctly 808 cartos have something like 901 connection and
    I have 510 connector in my AVS so obviously I need 510s which (don't) require punch on the side...
    I look up your thread Skyway and now I remeber it :) I didn't realize you are talking about cartos, I was confusing them with those 5 ml map tanks. That's what happens when you want to read every
    post in forum in 5 min I guess :facepalm: Thanks for that.

9. Skyway

Skyway Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    NC - USA
    lol, no problem. Glad we are leading you on the right track.

10. Major

Major Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2011
    Panama City, Florida
    I am using the Ikenvape 901 cartomizers mostly in my AVSv2. Since it's true 901 spec, no punching needed since the vent hole is already there.

I haven't really messed with the 510 connector other than to try the Ikenvape Fusions. If you look at the top of the connection on the 510 there is a small threaded collar around it. If you remove that, you have 801 threads. I haven't tried a true 801 in it but the Fusions are 801 thread base with a 510 body and they work well. Just not nearly the experience I get with the 901's or a good punched 808 carto. :)

Ripple and Hopefulll turned me on to the joys of the 808/901 in the AVS and it just seems that for that particular feeder, they perform better than any of the 510 or 801 I have tried.

11. ggero

ggero Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Greece
    Hei ... I cant find the post ... What about 901 CE2 cartos and AFS ?? (I know this is for AVS :) )..They need a hole ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.