Status
Not open for further replies.

zuTma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Croatia, Zagreb
Need some input on carts in AVS(510 connector).
Friend of mine just bought GGTS from me and I was planning to hook him up
with my AVS that I don't use.
He is brand new to vaping and I want to make things easier for him as much as I can :)
So that's where carts come in... I've never used them and don't know much about them...
If somebody can spread some info on what type go in AVS(510), do I need to punch a hole
and where if so. Do I need to trim them and that type of stuff...
I'm more than grateful for all your help :)
Tnx

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
No need to punch 510 as they will draw in juice just like Attys will. Standard cartos can be trimmed to use the stock mouthpiece. Xl cartos you will have to use a drip tip. I have been using this method for a few days now and so far no leaks however I almost always keep my gg upright and can't say it won't leak a little if laid on it's side. I do know however it doesn't seem to leak with short stints on it's side or even upside down.

Hope this helps

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
I started a thread just about this in this forum, surprised you didnt see it. I have been testing out some Dual Coil carts in my AFS(same thing as the AVS) and it works great. I did not bother to trim them. Just took the mouth piece off of the AFS and put a drip tip on the cart. No leaks whatsoever. I would assume any 510 cart would work fine. I did notice that since my DC are punched that I had to tighten up the liquid draw ring at the bottom so the juice would not flow down into the collector tank. With the punctures, the fluid draws into the cart in that fashion.

zuTma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Croatia, Zagreb
Ok thanks guys :)
If I understand correctly 808 cartos have something like 901 connection and
I have 510 connector in my AVS so obviously I need 510s which (don't) require punch on the side...
I look up your thread Skyway and now I remeber it :) I didn't realize you are talking about cartos, I was confusing them with those 5 ml map tanks. That's what happens when you want to read every
post in forum in 5 min I guess :facepalm: Thanks for that.

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
I am using the Ikenvape 901 cartomizers mostly in my AVSv2. Since it's true 901 spec, no punching needed since the vent hole is already there.

I haven't really messed with the 510 connector other than to try the Ikenvape Fusions. If you look at the top of the connection on the 510 there is a small threaded collar around it. If you remove that, you have 801 threads. I haven't tried a true 801 in it but the Fusions are 801 thread base with a 510 body and they work well. Just not nearly the experience I get with the 901's or a good punched 808 carto. :)

Ripple and Hopefulll turned me on to the joys of the 808/901 in the AVS and it just seems that for that particular feeder, they perform better than any of the 510 or 801 I have tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread