1st Experience AVS Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sob80sup81

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Indonesia
Alrite, today my AVS arrived and after few days following threads related to AVS, i seemed to have an idea on what i should do. I thought wrong.

Later today i replace my original GGTS cap (the one to thread the atomizer) with the new one with adjustable control ring, it went well, tried 510 cartomizer, it worked well.

Replaced the carto with LR 510 and filled the tank with about 10 drops of liquids (i read somewhere Imeo said that the collector tank can be used as "mini AVS") adjust the control ring and take a draw, went horrible, liquids came out of the small holes and some went up straight into mouth. Ok, maybe i shouldn't have filled the tank.

Then tried the AVS, thread 901 atty into the AVS, thread the AVS onto collector tank and adjust the control ring, worked well, smooth draw. After few drags liquids came out of the hole, another leak, not what i expected.

Didn't want to quit, i unthreaded the 901, replace it with LR 510 using 901-510 China made adapter adjusted as per Imeo's instruction (i assume) by making 4 more gaps on the atty connector side using triangular file. Fill the AVS about half the tank and threaded the mouth piece. Took a draw with no good result, took longer draw with even worse result, very little amount of smoke and too much liquid in mouth and hand caused by leakage.

Now i'm pretty frustrated not being able to use the AVS, decide to stop before making more mess. Any suggestion on how to deal with all the above?

Thanks

PS. Imeo, when will you be able to produce 510 connector for AVS? Will it take longer than ordering LR 901? Thought i can use my LR 510 with no problem on AVS.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Alrite, today my AVS arrived and after few days following threads related to AVS, i seemed to have an idea on what i should do. I thought wrong.

Later today i replace my original GGTS cap (the one to thread the atomizer) with the new one with adjustable control ring, it went well, tried 510 cartomizer, it worked well.

Replaced the carto with LR 510 and filled the tank with about 10 drops of liquids (i read somewhere Imeo said that the collector tank can be used as "mini AVS") adjust the control ring and take a draw, went horrible, liquids came out of the small holes and some went up straight into mouth. Ok, maybe i shouldn't have filled the tank.

Then tried the AVS, thread 901 atty into the AVS, thread the AVS onto collector tank and adjust the control ring, worked well, smooth draw. After few drags liquids came out of the hole, another leak, not what i expected.

Didn't want to quit, i unthreaded the 901, replace it with LR 510 using 901-510 China made adapter adjusted as per Imeo's instruction (i assume) by making 4 more gaps on the atty connector side using triangular file. Fill the AVS about half the tank and threaded the mouth piece. Took a draw with no good result, took longer draw with even worse result, very little amount of smoke and too much liquid in mouth and hand caused by leakage.

Now i'm pretty frustrated not being able to use the AVS, decide to stop before making more mess. Any suggestion on how to deal with all the above?

Thanks

PS. Imeo, when will you be able to produce 510 connector for AVS? Will it take longer than ordering LR 901? Thought i can use my LR 510 with no problem on AVS.

Ok, forget 510 atomizer Sob my friend. I havent test it. I just see some comments from some friends here so I thought that telling you to do the same it would be an experiment for me too.

1) clean the AVS
2) Put a clean atomizer on the VS connector and screw the connector to the AVS
3) Put liquid inside the tamk
4) screw very slow the cap
5) Take off rthe mouthpiece to see if liquid is inside the atty. If yes, then empty it.
6) Pull the trigger and smoke. If you see a burn taste close the CR and take 3 primary inhales.

Please check your atomizer or put a new one inside

T-Hefner

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
NJ, USA
sob,
Yeah, You should. In all honesty, The AVS is really only recommended for use with 901 attys. That what it was made for, and was based off a 901 atomizer. So yeah, I would get a lot of 901 attys.

Now, There has been many people that have found ways of getting the 510 to work also, and some say the 801 too! But, you got to remember that these people are very experienced with the AVS/AFS line.

Eventually Imeo will come up with a adapter or something so we can all use the 510 and/or 801 with no worries....or maybe someone here can help ya with the 510 with AVS..

-Tim

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Guy's everyone must remember you dont have to take these real hard pulls on AVS, just a nice easy steady draw will bring you the perfect Hit. I think many people try to pull way to hard and therefor they get the juce in the mouth. Just my opinions but try easy light pulls with AVS

booker

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2010
London
True MWA, got juice in me mouth several times now due to taking hard draws. Easy does it :)

However, once the CR is in the proper position (this has to be experimented with, ofcourse, I'm sure everyone knows the learning curve needed!) then...then aaah. :D

I'm currently training on standard 901 and I wasn't aware this thing can produce so much vapour :D

Question thought - Am I right thinking AVS will not feed the atty if the liquid is below 901 hole level? (or below 801/510 threads for beta testing).

I guess i should get myself some 901 LR atties... I hope the 510 adapter for AVS will be available soon
I'd suggest to master it on standard resistance first ;)

Took a draw with no good result, took longer draw with even worse result, very little amount of smoke and too much liquid in mouth and hand caused by leakage.
It will leak through the CR holes if you screw the top two screws, or even mouthpiece only with CR open. The reason is simple - the air pressure does that. Close CR every time you screw anything on top of AVS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread