***AW batteries, UltraFire chargers, and more at rtdvapor***

Status
Not open for further replies.

VW18T

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Bangor, PA
Hi guys, I'm sorry if I missed it here, but is this/how is this going to affect buying batteries from RTDvapor?

UPS - U.S. Lithium Battery Regulations effective February 6th, 2015

Thanks!

Hi NicoHolic! This will not effect us as we do not use UPS for shipping. I do know that the post office (USPS) will be getting stricter with domestic battery shipments. They want to enforce their policy of no more than three batteries per shipment. With special labels and packaging. I don't know when they will start enforcing it though.

I am hearing from my suppliers that the year 2016 will bring heavy regulations and high costs on the shipment of batteries not installed in devices. All of the shipping companies are starting to get very serious about shipping these batteries.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Just a heads up. We have some great deals in our Closeout section of the website. We are trying to make room for new products coming in.

So I walked in looking for some new AW 18350's...

and I bagged me the deal on the last of da Trippy tips!!!

Seven of 'em for 36 bucks. Woo woo! I already know who is getting the pink one.

Shopping can be an interesting experience some times. :p

VW18T

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Bangor, PA
Seeing this thread reminded me I needed to get some new batteries for my Billet Box :vapor:

Thank you for your order StevesCVO! The PR123 batteries have been very popular lately.

So I walked in looking for some new AW 18350's...

and I bagged me the deal on the last of da Trippy tips!!!

Seven of 'em for 36 bucks. Woo woo! I already know who is getting the pink one.

Shopping can be an interesting experience some times. :p

Thank you for your order Rickajho! Congrats on scoring the Trippy Tips deal. There are some nice tips in there. Most of those are left overs from early last year batches.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Thank you for your order Rickajho! Congrats on scoring the Trippy Tips deal. There are some nice tips in there. Most of those are left overs from early last year batches.

Love 'em - but it did cut into my battery quota this time around. It was a test order anyway - wanted to see how the new AW 18350's performed.

I did notice something though: I lost my order history and look like an RTD virgin. :(

My last order must have been about a month before the site was redone last year and your account ID didn't have to be an e-mail address - so it wouldn't take my old account ID to log in. The password reset worked and changed my account ID to my e-mail address, but a lot of info - like for addresses were defaults to my very old billing & shipping addresses - and the order history was gone.

Was that an unintended consequence of the site changes last year?

VW18T

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Bangor, PA
Love 'em - but it did cut into my battery quota this time around. It was a test order anyway - wanted to see how the new AW 18350's performed.

I did notice something though: I lost my order history and look like an RTD virgin. :(

My last order must have been about a month before the site was redone last year and your account ID didn't have to be an e-mail address - so it wouldn't take my old account ID to log in. The password reset worked and changed my account ID to my e-mail address, but a lot of info - like for addresses were defaults to my very old billing & shipping addresses - and the order history was gone.

Was that an unintended consequence of the site changes last year?

Unfortunately, when we moved to a new content manager last year, some of the customer accounts did not transfer all of the information over. Instead of risking a mess with sensitive information, we just let it be.

VW18T

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Bangor, PA
RTD Vapor has been getting numerous requests from customers to accept PayPal for payments on our website. Over the last few months we have been working with PayPal to make this happen. We had to get rid of a lot of items on the site, but what we are known for(batteries and chargers) is still here and untouched. PayPal gave us written approval today to start accepting payments through them. Of course credit cards are still accepted also.

Thank you everyone for the feedback, on what you would like to see from RTD Vapor! I hope this makes everyone's on-line shopping with us better!!

Randy

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
RTD Vapor has been getting numerous requests from customers to accept PayPal for payments on our website. Over the last few months we have been working with PayPal to make this happen. We had to get rid of a lot of items on the site, but what we are known for(batteries and chargers) is still here and untouched. PayPal gave us written approval today to start accepting payments through them. Of course credit cards are still accepted also.

Thank you everyone for the feedback, on what you would like to see from RTD Vapor! I hope this makes everyone's on-line shopping with us better!!

Randy

Well this is just wrong...

Where did the cartos go?

Thanks, Jim

Err... ummm... don't count on it. Honestly? I'm really surprised that they okayed this in context of your business name alone. To say they have been capricious and arbitrary regarding how they have treated vendors that formerly used PayPal would be an understatement. I know one supplier who did remove all "objectionable" merchandise as demanded - and they still terminated his payment processing anyway with no advance warning as to when they were going to do it. They did give him an "or else" termination date - and then just cut off services weeks before that date - even after he had removed the merchandise.

As someone has already found out - this sure do reign in your options as a retailer. Personally - love you guys for batteries and chargers but I would have rather seen more - not less. PayPal is no friend of the vaping community so any customers thinking this is a good idea... I don't get that. :2c:

Last edited:

VW18T

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Bangor, PA
Err... ummm... don't count on it. Honestly? I'm really surprised that they okayed this in context of your business name alone. To say they have been capricious and arbitrary regarding how they have treated vendors that formerly used PayPal would be an understatement. I know one supplier who did remove all "objectionable" merchandise as demanded - and they still terminated his payment processing anyway with no advance warning as to when they were going to do it. They did give him an "or else" termination date - and then just cut off services weeks before that date - even after he had removed the merchandise.

As someone has already found out - this sure do reign in your options as a retailer. Personally - love you guys for batteries and chargers but I would have rather seen more - not less. PayPal is no friend of the vaping community so any customers thinking this is a good idea... I don't get that. :2c:

Rickajho, We are no stranger to PayPal and this decision was quite simple. Our first 2.5 years in business we had PayPal as a payment option and I always checked in with their compliance department, they where fine with us.
I took it off the site to add items (mods,RBA's,E-liquid), which went well for a short while. All of our 2014 sales where 90% batteries,chargers, and accessories. Customers gave us feedback wanting PayPal to buy these items.
To keep this short, it made sense to go back to how we started.

Randy

VW18T

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Bangor, PA
Randy. What do you recommend for an 14650 battery?

Hi sedge! There is not a lot of options for that battery. AW discontinued the 14650 early last year. We have the Efest IMR 14650 and is the best option that I know of right now. It is not a very popular battery but we keep a low supply stocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread