Status
Not open for further replies.

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
I'm just getting started with rebuilding my Phoenix and vivi-nova's. I found that it's a pain to gather rba supplies from one vendor, let alone oxidize mesh. I ordered some "pre-oxidized" mesh from GP last night at 11:30p.m., but wasn't sure what grade it was, so I put in a comment regarding the matter.

Today I wake up to see that not only has my order shipped, but Rob has answered my reply and thrown in some plain mesh as well. Very few vendors bother doing this sort of customized service anymore, and the shipping is well...just really fast. Thanks Rob!

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi Caged, The Did style atties have a reservoir tank that feeds the wick. In this case the wick is stainless steel mesh. The wick feeds through the coil which is wound around the upper portion of the ss wick. Here is a pic from GP DID style DIY TANK atomizer system There are many tutorials on how these can be setup and it would be good to know a few of the ways that these could benefit your personal vaping style. I do not own one yet but I am going to now that Rob carries them,on my next order. I have been eyeing this exact piece but I only order from GP since he has been such a great vendor throughout my personal vaping journey.

The Vivi on the other hand is a big ce2(4?+?) with a removeable head that can be replaced inexpensively. You just unscrew the old head and screw on the new one. They are super easy to clean and keep maintained. I do own one and can say that I have retired almost all my other atties/cartos and devices in favor of the ease of use and their overall rugged quality. If you do order one I would also recommend the optional metal tubes that are available. They(metal tanks) dont break, they dont leak, they dont react with the known acidic or cinnamon liquids. I pocket my device with the vivi attached, and have never had a single issue, in almost four months. One more thing I have found with the vivi tanks, I have noticed the silicone sleeve that comes inside the drip tip that is included with the vivi works very well to keep the inner silicone and cup placed center and sealed. You just need to assemble the tank then before you put the drip tip in slide the retainer( drip tip sleeve) down through the hole in the cap and this will keep everything straight and lined up like it should be. Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
how many do you get per order? :?:
and what kind is it? 400?

Tybin: Right now, everything in the rebuildable section is one piece per order.
The SS mesh is 400 size.

Caged: With RBA items, the experience with hits are "different"
While some may not like it, others will be fine with it or learn how to enjoy it to their liking with adjusting airflow etc.

Note to all: As for safety, you REALLY need to test the ohm of the coil before putting any voltage to it.
If it is too low, it can seriously injure you and/or your battery/device.

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
We did start stocking some multimeters, but if you are in a jiffy or such, local stores probably have them too.

I would recommend anyone that is wanting to get into RBA, to be prepared for the cost(s) to be safe.
Cheap multimeters can be bought for under $10

And if you have the extra monies, a fluke or other upgraded one with be around $100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread