The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Volunteer to help with beta testing!

We’re working on getting the site updates ready, but we’ll need your help to check the changes, make sure everything makes sense to you, and report any issues you see. If you'd like to volunteer to help with beta testing, click the link below. The first 20 people to respond to this thread will be added to the team!

View thread
    Dismiss Notice

Awesome CS on rebuildable items!

Discussion in 'Good Prophets' started by ZooKansas, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ZooKansas

ZooKansas Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2011
    Kansas City, MO USA
    I'm just getting started with rebuilding my Phoenix and vivi-nova's. I found that it's a pain to gather RBA supplies from one vendor, let alone oxidize mesh. I ordered some "pre-oxidized" mesh from GP last night at 11:30p.m., but wasn't sure what grade it was, so I put in a comment regarding the matter.

Today I wake up to see that not only has my order shipped, but Rob has answered my reply and thrown in some plain mesh as well. Very few vendors bother doing this sort of customized service anymore, and the shipping is well...just really fast. Thanks Rob!

2. dirt2suck

dirt2suck Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
    Ephrata PA USA
    Thanks Z

Remember, the pre-oxidized is rolled up.
    I have not tried to unroll it thought it could be possible.

If you need it unrolled, the extra we sent then could be necessary!!

Thanks again!
    Rob

3. tybin

tybin ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 17, 2010
    WA
    how many do you get per order? :?:
    and what kind is it? 400?

4. caged

caged Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2010
    Laurel, MD
    How hard are the rebuildable attys to make? Do they work just like a regular atty or more like a ce2? Does the tank mean there is no need to drip? Sorry for all the questions.....

5. Iusedtoanalog

Iusedtoanalog Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Hi Caged, The Did style atties have a reservoir tank that feeds the wick. In this case the wick is stainless steel mesh. The wick feeds through the coil which is wound around the upper portion of the ss wick. Here is a pic from GP DID style DIY TANK atomizer system There are many tutorials on how these can be setup and it would be good to know a few of the ways that these could benefit your personal vaping style. I do not own one yet but I am going to now that Rob carries them,on my next order. I have been eyeing this exact piece but I only order from GP since he has been such a great vendor throughout my personal vaping journey.

The Vivi on the other hand is a big ce2(4?+?) with a removeable head that can be replaced inexpensively. You just unscrew the old head and screw on the new one. They are super easy to clean and keep maintained. I do own one and can say that I have retired almost all my other atties/cartos and devices in favor of the ease of use and their overall rugged quality. If you do order one I would also recommend the optional metal tubes that are available. They(metal tanks) dont break, they dont leak, they dont react with the known acidic or cinnamon liquids. I pocket my device with the vivi attached, and have never had a single issue, in almost four months. One more thing I have found with the vivi tanks, I have noticed the silicone sleeve that comes inside the drip tip that is included with the vivi works very well to keep the inner silicone and cup placed center and sealed. You just need to assemble the tank then before you put the drip tip in slide the retainer( drip tip sleeve) down through the hole in the cap and this will keep everything straight and lined up like it should be. Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

6. dirt2suck

Apr 15, 2009
    Ephrata PA USA
    Tybin: Right now, everything in the rebuildable section is one piece per order.
    The SS mesh is 400 size.

Caged: With RBA items, the experience with hits are "different"
    While some may not like it, others will be fine with it or learn how to enjoy it to their liking with adjusting airflow etc.

Note to all: As for safety, you REALLY need to test the ohm of the coil before putting any voltage to it.
    If it is too low, it can seriously injure you and/or your battery/device.

7. dirt2suck

Apr 15, 2009
    Ephrata PA USA
    We did start stocking some multimeters, but if you are in a jiffy or such, local stores probably have them too.

I would recommend anyone that is wanting to get into RBA, to be prepared for the cost(s) to be safe.
    Cheap multimeters can be bought for under $10

And if you have the extra monies, a fluke or other upgraded one with be around $100

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.