B & M Taste Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they had their testers at zero, you wouldn't know quite what it would taste like when you added the nicotine. I've found that it helps not to take such a huge inhale of higher nic levels and just taste it instead of inhale it. For some reason, the lower nicotine levels seem to absorb into my system better than the higher levels, because the only time I had to take a rest and let a bad nic buzz wear off was when I was at my friend's shop and he only has 6 mg testers. I never got that much off of the higher strength nicotine juices.

OzarkTroutBum

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Ozarks
So, for those of you with local shops. Why do they have all the testers in 24Mg strength? I always have trouble flavor testing because i end up with a headache after 4-5 flavors. Wouldnt it be simpler to have the testers at zero nic so you can try more flavors??

My local uses 12mg which is what I use. The reason they say is that the nic adds throat hit that you wouldn't get with zero.
Also they don't stock 0 nic because theres no market for it. They do stock 6mg so it seems they would use that but 12mg is the big seller for them.

My first trip in I left light headed because I tried every single one except for the menthols. Now when I go in I only try a few and its not such a big deal.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
The thing about those B&M taste testers for me is that the juice often tastes radically different in those testers than it does in my sub-ohm RBA. I bought some Virginia tobacco flavor at the nearby vape shop, and it tasted just great in their tester, but when I got it home and put it in my .8 ohm AGA-T2 on my mech it was the most horrible stuff I have ever vaped! Bar none! It was hideous, wretched, deeply weird, and seriously nauseating. I can't begin to describe it. Yuckie!!! Ptuuuuiiii! Puke-O!!!

That was not the last time I had bad luck between the B&M testers and my own rig. Fact is .2 ohms can make a real difference in juice flavor, and they are prolly using 2.5 ohm coils in those testers, while I'm running at .8 ohms. So juice shopping is not an easy thing for me, unless I buy 10 ml just to try it out there in the store. Bummer in the summer....

Last edited:

Recon Number 54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
McKinney, TX
Nic concentration is a big wildcard in taste testing and some B&M's handle it better than others.

I've been in one where my question of "what's the nic level in this one, or any of these?" I was told by a young man who looked like he also worked in a head shop, "dunno dude, we just squirt the juice in from whatever bottles we have the most of".

Thankfully, that shop was not typical of the level of awareness or product knowledge I usually encounter. But they are out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread