Babies, Vaping, and OCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikku

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado, USA
If I read your post correctly, you just gave up the reds and just had the baby (congrats) so I may be wrong here but Im going to assume you were smoking while PG. If you were, the baby is kinda used to nicotine already....

lets say the baby weighs 8.8 lbs thats about 4 KG which equates to 2mg dose to be applied by the .5mg/kg ratio and lets say you are using 18mg/ml juice, you would need to apply about 1/10 of a ml to have an adverse reaction, that would be about a dozen of so drops of juice...

Ha, nope! I'm dad :p My original post was misleading (amended).

Last edited:

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
This seems to be the definitive story concerning the 30mg fatal dose.

How much nicotine kills a human? Tracing back the generally accepted lethal dose to dubious self-experiments in the nineteenth century - Springer

tl;dr: Some guys experimented on themselves in 1856. They seemed to suffer serious symptoms on a 4mg dose, and therefore set the fatal dose at 30mg. Those symptoms are not credible at that dose. No further experiments have been done; the textbooks just copy each other. People have survived much higher doses with fewer symptoms. The evidence seems to point to a fatal dose of 0.5 - 1 gram, or 6.5-13mg/kg, which would be in line with the LD50 for dogs.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread