Baby Beast Coil Recs please

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenverDave

Jun 23, 2016
I have been using my Alien Kit with the .4 coil for a little while now. Having some issues with beard 32 (70/30) wicking well... getting dry/burnt hits running low around 20w-30w on a new coil.

I am not sure if a new / different coil will solve this issue however I would like to try some of the different coil options. Interested in the .15T8, but open to suggestions.

On a side note, can the coils for sale on ebay be trusted? Are there many counterfeit coils out there?

Thanks

Reactions: stols001

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I haven't bought coils on ebay, but I have bought other vape hardware there that was labeled "authentic" and it all checked out fine via the QR codes or item serial numbers.

Using vapecrawler.com will probably find you a U.S. dealer that meets or beats the ebay offerings. I've found stuff through that site that beat FastTech and other Chinese warehouse joints.

Some folks have addressed the wicking issue with Smok Baby coils by using a sewing needle to poke and jiggle the cotton showing in the wick holes. Myself... I've never gotten a dry hit from the 0.40 or 0.60 Q2 units. But I'm kinda .... about priming and breaking in a new coil head.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I never got a dry hit on Smok Baby Beast coils either. Are you priming with a drop of juice on all exposed cotton and a couple down the middle. Then install in tank, fill tank, let sit 10 minutes or so. Close the airflow and without firing take 2 or 3 good primer puffs (suck on the tank). Open the airflow and you should be good to go. I always used the quad coils .15 ohms. Start the coils out at the lowest watts they will fire and then gradually raise the wattage as needed until you find the sweet spot.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
If you leave your tank in a hot car for about an hour, you will not have a problem with dry hits, but you will have a flooded tank to deal with.

After you take a hit or 2, do you see bubbles coming from the wick slots? Like stated above, priming is key, A drop or 2 down into the coil and and a drop on each wick slot. When I was using the Baby Beast, I would do that, and once the tank is installed and I fill it about 3/4 full. I close the air holes and take a couple of priming pulls. Then I open up the air flow let it sit for a while. I have several tanks so I just vape on something else while the new coil primes. When I am ready to vape on the new coil, I then take a couple more pulls with the air flow closed, then I take a hit. Usually works well for me.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
With smok coils, i prime the exposed wicks, a few drops down on the coils and a few priming puffs with airflow closed also. This is really all you need to do. Once, i was in a hurry and filled a tank on a new coil without priming it. All did after that was several (6 or 7) hard pulls on it with airflow closed and then started vaping. Had no issues with doing it that way, aside from the new coil taste i always get from new smok coils.

• Agree
Reactions: gofishtx

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
If the cotton isn't too far gone, a 30 minute boil will give stock coil heads some additional use.

I like to avoid overly sweet and very dark liquids, but let's be honest... we vape that dark, sweet gooey stuff because it tastes so good. Keeping the tank(s) I vape that nectar with as close to full as possible and turning the wattage down a bit lessens the chance of cooking the cotton.

Richard-D

Jan 23, 2017
London, UK
RiP Trippers' sewing needle fix for dry hits and increasing coil juice flow:

I like the Q2 0.6 ohm coil with the Baby Beast, around 32 watts for fruit flavours and 25-29 watts for desert flavours. 60-80% VG and no dry/burnt hits.

I've tried the other coils, and liked them too, but prefer a cooler vape and extended battery life.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
If the cotton isn't too far gone, a 30 minute boil will give stock coil heads some additional use.

I like to avoid overly sweet and very dark liquids, but let's be honest... we vape that dark, sweet gooey stuff because it tastes so good. Keeping the tank(s) I vape that nectar with as close to full as possible and turning the wattage down a bit lessens the chance of cooking the cotton.
I saw rip tripper's video about soaking coil heads in everclear overnight and a good water soak and rinse and dry. I didnt have any everclear but i do have some high proof moonshine. I tried this. Couldnt get all the moonshine taste out, it was fairly disgusting....strawberry cheesecake moonshine flavor. I wont use moonshine again lol.

Richard-D

Jan 23, 2017
London, UK
I also saw RiP Trippers' video about soaking coils in Everclear, so I went out and bought myself some Polish 95% alcohol spirit from a Polski Sklep - thankfully not difficult to find in London. I wasn't particularly impressed with the results, even though the spirit has no perceptible taste to me. Maybe I just overused the coils before soaking them in the alcohol.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I'm really more of a fan of water, myself. Hot water soak or boiling will do just as good a job in my opinion, and you don't get that "weird" taste to get rid afterwards. I can't imagine what moonshine tasted like...

Anna
It wasnt good. Kinda reminded me of the last time i drank that stuff. Which is another story, lol.

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
I got the baby beast a couple of days ago the Q2 coil isn't bad but the T8 coil better. Can't say how long it will last but like to think in terms of weeks. I have the cloud beast which I've been using for a little over 8 months and I'm getting about a month per coil. Not bad. Will the baby T8V8 do the same? I hope so. Vape on .

Richard-D

Jan 23, 2017
London, UK
Of course it depends on your taste buds, juice consumption, type of juice, etc, but I usually reckon about 2 weeks if using the tank exclusively, with approximately 140 ml of juice consumed in that time (10 ml per day). That's with the Q2 0.6 ohm coil. However, my current one has been in for just over 3 weeks; I've been using it a lot, as well as switching between clear and quite yellow/orange coloured sweet juice and it seems OK still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread