Back again! I think? Looking for cheapest coils!

Status
Not open for further replies.

basmandje

Aug 26, 2021
New Zealand
Hey guys!

I think I've been a member on this forum like a decade ago - but really have no idea with what username, email or whatever. So, a new account! Hi!

Switched to vaping in 2010 and a happy vaper since!
Used to vape the KR808D with those good old cotton atomizers, then in 2016 switched to eLeaf iCare and currently using the iCare2.

The coils for the iCare1 & 2 are very cheap (like $10 for 5 coils), but neither the iCare nor the coils are being sold anymore. :( I love my iCare - it's fantastic.

So, I'm forced to switch to a new brand/model.
Many of the current vapes come with a pod, which is rather expensive. I don't need that. Just want to replace my coil every few weeks.

Can any of you suggest a vape that:
- is small (like, pocket size - max 10cm high/long)
- doesn't produce huge clouds
- has cheap coils (or pods, if really no other option)

I don't need anything fancy.

Thank you in advance!

basmandje

Aug 26, 2021
New Zealand
Welcome back @basmandje :thumbs:

I see Element Vape has the 1.1 ohms in stock.
Thanks. I live in New Zealand though, they don't ship here according to their site. Plus, it would be quite expensive shipping if they did.
I'm sad HeavenGifts (Chinese) is not in business anymore for regular customers - only wholesale.

Reactions: smacuser

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Thanks. I live in New Zealand though, they don't ship here according to their site. Plus, it would be quite expensive shipping if they did.
    I'm sad HeavenGifts (Chinese) is not in business anymore for regular customers - only wholesale.
    Right now, the Innokin Zenith II and Zlide with the Z coils are really popular. They will fit on top of most mods.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    A nice pod device that takes coils is the Innokin Sceptre.
    Yes... and the Innokin Kroma Z (if you can get those) I like the 0.8 ohm coils (actually love the 0.3 ohm coils but they are more direct lung) Most people like the 1.6 ohm coils for MTL but I haven't tried those. Many people order from china (takes forever but worth the wait) Fast Tech and/or Sourcemore. Try to order directly from innokin store if possible :thumb:

Reactions: basmandje

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    MV5BMDVhZDQ5Y2ItMWU2MS00MTFlLTk4NWUtNjk2ODA1YTMwZDc1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3MzQ4MTg0._V1_.jpg

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    The coils for the iCare1 & 2 are very cheap (like $10 for 5 coils), but neither the iCare nor the coils are being sold anymore. :( I love my iCare - it's fantastic.

If you really want more of the iCares and/or the coils... they are still available from vendors in Australia, US, Canada, the UK, China, and elsewhere. I've found at least 13 websites who do still have them in stock. Of course, S/H would likely be high. There is even at least 1 in New Zealand who has the coils, but they only have 2 single ones left.

IF you can buy from Australia...the following website has the 1.1ohm coils for $1.30 each, so that's less than the $10 for 5 that you mentioned in your post. I didn't add any to a trial Cart to check how many they have, but thought you could try that to see...if you can buy from them.

Eleaf Icare IC 1.1 ohms (1pcs)

Also in Australia: This vendor has the 1.3ohm IC coils. They currently have 7 boxes In Stock.

Eleaf iCare Replacement coils

In the UK: This vendor has the 1.1ohm for £7.99/box of 5. Top of their website says "Worldwide Shipping wherever you are" Shows they have 20 boxes in stock.

1C 1.1Ω Coil - By Eleaf | Wickd Up Vapers

By the way, the Eleaf SC coils will work in the Eleaf Aster AND in the iCares, if you can maybe find them available in New Zealand. I didn't check websites for them though to see what was available.

However, if you can't buy from Australia and don't want to order from any of the other countries where they're still available...I'd also recommend the Innokin Sceptre Pod Kit as a replacement set-up, as @FranC mentioned earlier. IMO, it's a great kit, and the coils and replacement pods are readily available from Fast Tech, Health Cabin, SourceMore, and many other websites in China. You'd also probably be able to find them in New Zealand, too. But...you'll likely find the kits, the replacement coils, and pods at much better prices at the websites in China, than at your local vape shops. Many of those websites also have coupon codes for various % off your total order. I've gotten the kits for as low as $16, boxes of coils for just $3.80/box of 5, and pods for as low as $3.79. I've found that the coils and the pods last a long time, too!

Last edited:

basmandje

Aug 26, 2021
    New Zealand
    Still such a friendly bunch here! :) Thank you so much guys!
    I will definitely have a look at Australian sites what their S/H is for the iCare coils. It might pay off if I buy a decent amount.
    Else, the Innokin Sceptre looks great and is a small size. It's available here in NZ and the coils are about $10 for 5. That might be worth the try! My eLeaf2 battery will soon wear off (it's a year or two old) anyway. Never really regretted upgrades as they keep improving. Inokin is a very old & trustworthy brand. Might give it a shot!

Will report back! :thumbs:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Hey guys!
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    I live in New Zealand
    Might wish to fill in your avatar location(city-state & country), it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your future question(s).
    On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
    Place the mouse pointer on your name,click. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
    In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
    re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

basmandje

Aug 26, 2021
    New Zealand
    Alright, I made the decision and purchased the Sceptre (Carbon Black)!
    It's fantastic - powerful, good flavour, clouds are not too big (@ 0.65 Ohm) and coils are not too expensive at US $9 for a pack of 5. I'm still on the coil that came with it and used it for a week or so now (and I vape a loooooot), so that's great!
    Downside, compared to my iCare2 it's quite heavy so I'm scared to accidentally drop it, especially on our hard wooden floor. It's also quite big compared to my iCare. Though I knew the measurements, it still surprised me a little bit. Oh, and it's pretty thirsty too - I'm using about 3 x more liquid. Speaking of, it's sometimes a bit hard to see how much juice there's left so every now and then I just pull the pod out to check. The inbuilt light doesn't really do much in regard to checking the juice level.
    But, other than that, man I love it! Thank you all for your replies!

Seeing as my liquid is going fast now - I do wonder if anyone can advise on a good place to buy new liquid. Liquid here in NZ is expensive (US $15 for 60ml). I used to buy from HeavenGifts, but they don't do retail sales anymore. So, I had a look at Health Cabin, but the shipping would be US $181 on a US $70 liquid order (10x50ml RY4). That's extreme. Shipping used to be $40-$70 at HeavenGifts. Thanks in advance!

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Alright, I made the decision and purchased the Sceptre (Carbon Black)!
    It's fantastic - powerful, good flavour, clouds are not too big (@ 0.65 Ohm) and coils are not too expensive at US $9 for a pack of 5. I'm still on the coil that came with it and used it for a week or so now (and I vape a loooooot), so that's great!

Glad you like your Sceptre and congrats! Welcome back.

I love my Sceptre but I prefer higher resistance coils--I'm a die-hard MTL vaper.
    Seeing as my liquid is going fast now - I do wonder if anyone can advise on a good place to buy new liquid.

Can't help you with NZ vendors, but I suggest you pay a visit to the Shinyitis thread--there are several very helpful and knowledgeable New Zealanders and Australians there. They will be able to help you--even though most of them DIY their e-liquids nowadays. Tell them that Katya sent you. :)

Shinyitis Support Group

Good luck!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I love my Sceptre but I prefer higher resistance coils--I'm a die-hard MTL vaper.

It's funny, because I always prefer above ohm coils on every tank and/or RBA I've ever used. I'm a die-hard Tootle Puffer, too...at no more than 6.5W at most.

When my 1st Sceptre came (with the newer MTL only pod), I started using the 1.2ohm coil, and I liked it. While waiting for an order of more of the 1.2 to come in...I decided to go ahead and give the 0.65ohm coil it came with a try, too, just for S&G. To my surprise I loved IT more than the 1.2ohm. I ended up trading the boxes of 1.2ohm I'd ordered, for boxes of the 0.65ohm. They're all I've ordered for my stash, too. I never would've believed I'd actually prefer them, if I hadn't tried that first 1. :)

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    It's funny, because I always prefer above ohm coils on every tank and/or RBA I've ever used. I'm a die-hard Tootle Puffer, too...at no more than 6.5W at most.

When my 1st Sceptre came (with the newer MTL only pod), I started using the 1.2ohm coil, and I liked it. While waiting for an order of more of the 1.2 to come in...I decided to go ahead and give the 0.65ohm coil it came with a try, too, just for S&G. To my surprise I loved IT more than the 1.2ohm. I ended up trading the boxes of 1.2ohm I'd ordered, for boxes of the 0.65ohm. They're all I've ordered for my stash, too. I never would've believed I'd actually prefer them, if I hadn't tried that first 1. :)

Right. I remember our conversations about that coil. I loved it initially, but then found it (and the MTL pod) too tight for me. So I went back to the 1.2Ω coils and regular pods. I like airy MTL.

Maybe I got a mediocre coil? I used the one that came with the MTL pod, IIRC. I probably should give that .65Ω coil another go.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I'd bet it would make a big difference if you used the 0.65ohm in one of the original MTL/RDL pods and set it for RDL. :thumbs:

I actually did that. Also tried my 1.2Ω one in the MTL pod. The problem is that the airhole in the .65 coil is smaller, for some strange reason, than the 1.2Ω. I'm not sure why they did it. Normally, lower res coils come with a larger bore--but not this one.

But I'm going to give it another try--I got a few boxes of the .65Ω coils. Wish me luck. :)

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Hello basmandje.

I'm glad you found some equipment to like.

You know, USD15.00 for 60 ml. liquid doesn't seem fantastically high to me, but I guess the best prices I know of in the US are about half that. If you can get it at double your nic strength, with extra flavoring, and dilute with your own pg and vg, I would think that could help with the cost. If you can get a discount code, more's the better, and stock up when there is a coupon.

I'm just trying to think of what I would do in your situation.

Wishing you the best,

basmandje

Aug 26, 2021
    New Zealand
    the best prices I know of in the US are about half that.
    Heya! Exactly, half of that price would be better. I used to buy my liquid at Heavengifts - $3.15 for 30ml 70/30 Dekang liquid. But they stopped selling retail.
    I was hoping someone could suggest another (Chinese/Australian) web shop where liquid is not that expensive.
    I will have a look into mixing it myself, but my guess is it won't matter that much. We're on a small island, so everything bought locally is more expensive. The $15 60ml liquid is the cheapest I could find, most of them go well over $25 for a tiny 30ml bottle. It's ridiculous.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread