Back again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick500

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
Australia
Hey guys, looking for some advice.

I have used e cigs before twice, other times I used dekang e juice but I can't remember where from, somewhere in China. I think healthcabin. I bought a couple of the best e cigs at the time,gave up for a couple of weeks but had one major problem. It gave me the runs both times. I don't know why. Maybe it was just my body's reaction to giving up all the other crap in cigarettes but it definitely happened the 2 times I gave up and used e cigs .

I ended up buying the flavours and pg and Vg and nicotine and making my own mixes as well to play around with the ratio of pg and Vg and nothing helped.

So my question/s are , wheres a good place to buy fruity flavoured e juices with nicotine these days? As well as the e cig, and what's a good e cig these days without going crazy . Last time I bought 3 different ones and was loving it. Until I couldn't get off the toilet lol.

And secondly which one is it that is used in some laxatives, Vg or pg? Because I remember 1 of them is, just can't remember which one it was and will go with a very low ratio of that one. I think it was Vg but can't remember for sure.

Last time I used the istick 10w and 50w as well as the MP3. Along with the aero ank mega and emow with 1.2ohm coils at about 8.5watts.

This is all a bit foreign to me as it's been over 2 yrs since I last did it.

Are there better e cigs to look at now, new version of the mvp etc.

And I would like to buy fruity flavours like mango, bubblegum etc from a place that has a good reputation for quality control, preferably not diy this time.

Thanks ks to anyone that can put me on the right track again.

I'm in Australia ftr if that makes a difference.

Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
You might be confusing PG with the PEG found in something like Miralax. PG and VG are not laxatives themselves. One side effect of excess nicotine can be GI upset and ......... You might have been using a high nic juice and/or chain vaping. There are lots of fruity juices on the market, but I DIY so can't point to something specific. I have had some of the Naked 100 line and thought it was pretty good so you can check if someone is carrying it in the flavor you're looking for. Good luck!

• Agree

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Never heard of it either. Did you say the exact same place or device, juice both times?
Maybe it was something at that particular place or in that/those particular thing/s. A cross contamination or somebody perhaps?

I’ve heard of a lot of things being the result of vaping but not that one.

Aus is difficult because I’m not sure of your laws and importing nic etc...
I think I heard of somebody importing nic and making their own which is so easy. Or just add the nicotine to the fruity flavoured nic free juice you can get in Aus.

• Agree

mick500

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
Australia
I had a doctors appointment this morning to get some lung scan results back as they called me into give me the results, I don't know why they wouldn't tell me over the phone as he said everything was perfect.

But I did ask him about e cigs and if he had much knowledge and if it is OK to use as I am now on diazepam and asked why I would get the diarrhoea I had last time using it and he said he didn't know. I told him the ingredients were pg and Vg and he said he had heard of them but didn't know much about them and to ask a pharmacist.

So I went to the pharmacist next door and asked him and he said no issues with the diazepam ,but Vg and pg are both laxatives. He said the Vg is the stronger of the 2 so go with a higher pg ratio or avoid Vg and pg completely which I said wasn't possible. But he just laughed and said well they are both laxatives.

So maybe I just went to hard last time. But I do have ibs as well so maybe I'm just sensitive and the little amount of laxative effect I am getting from the e cigs is enough to push me over the line. I dunno. Will probably still give it 1 more go with a high pg ratio and have as little as possible and try and use it as a quitting aid rather than a switch from being a smoker to using an e cig full time

mick500

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
Australia
And please don't dismiss me as a troll against e cigs. I used them for a total of about 4 weeks and I miss vaping more than I missed smoking in that time period. And I have smoked for 16 years. If I could switch to vaping like the majority of people can I would do it without hesitation.

It' s much better. No ash, no cigarette burns in clothes or furniture. Cleaner house, no cigarette smell, and the taste is so much more pleasant.

But for Me, it causes stomach issues, Being bad diarrhoea. But I want to give it another go and was looking for some advice on good juice sellers and any better batteries that may have came out in the last couple of yrs.

There's a vapestore about 15 mins from my place anyway, so I will head in there and see what they have to offer.

Will still have to order the juice from online as the nic is still illegal in Australia as far as I'm aware. So if anyone has suggestions, great

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
With all due respect I'm not mistaking peg with propylene Glycol. And neither was the pharmacist. Please don' b soso dismissive just because you don't have this issue.
No, I was. You’d think I’d read the post just before mine before replying but no...

If you want to read me confusing pg and peg it should be available behind the edit

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Will still have to order the juice from online as the nic is still illegal in Australia as far as I'm aware. So if anyone has suggestions, great

It’s so confusing. Australian Nicotine Laws
It would seem that some parts nicotine is ok but some not.
Import is fine some places, vape is fine but sale is illegal :?:
Importing a 3 month supply in some places is again fine.

• Agree

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
And please don't dismiss me as a troll against e cigs. I used them for a total of about 4 weeks and I miss vaping more than I missed smoking in that time period. And I have smoked for 16 years. If I could switch to vaping like the majority of people can I would do it without hesitation.

It' s much better. No ash, no cigarette burns in clothes or furniture. Cleaner house, no cigarette smell, and the taste is so much more pleasant.

But for Me, it causes stomach issues, Being bad diarrhoea. But I want to give it another go and was looking for some advice on good juice sellers and any better batteries that may have came out in the last couple of yrs.

There's a vapestore about 15 mins from my place anyway, so I will head in there and see what they have to offer.

I don’t think anyone is dismissing you. PG allergies do happen. People react to allergies in different ways and that is one of them. There is another less common base that can be used instead of PG besides pure VG. I forget it’s name though. Perhaps someone else will remember.

• Agree

mick500

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
Australia
Don't worry about the confusion, apologies all round.

Last time I used 11mg and 18mg. I'm a pack a day smoker (25-30) strongest strength (Winfield red).

I did try a mostly Vg mix last time around because a few people suggested then it may be a pg allergy and that was worse on my stomach. I think it's just the slight laxative effect pushes me over the line with my ibs. I hope it isn't an allergy to pg anyway because I have just ordered 4 juices (2 peach and 2 blueberry 11mg and 18mg nic from health cabin) all 80/20 pg/Vg.

Will just try and go a bit easier this time, because I went pretty hard last time because I enjoyed it. Maybe try and push through to 4 weeks and see if it eases up or if that's long enough for me to kick the smokes and not need the e cig .

Worth 1 more crack at it imo anyway.

• Agree

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I suddenly had a problem similar to yours that became severe, debilitating, and took me many weeks to figure out. Started out with a sort of acid reflux problem that became excruciating along with worsening ......... Last thing I thought it was was vaping related. Long story short, it turned out to be the flavoring I was using, specifically the sweetener in it. It wasn't the inhaling it but rather in swallowing the condensation that develops in your mouth. It's a rare problem for those select few of us but not unheard of here.

Since you have all the components to DIY, how about trying unflavored juice and see if things improve. Takes a while to get over it but there is a noticeable difference pretty quickly. Worth a try since you've tried tweaking the other ingredients.

As far as what you can or can't get shipped into Australia etc, there is a good, active forum here that is for Australia and New Zealand. AussieVapers | The original Australian e-cigarette community Not trying to get you to leave ECF but if the subforum here is a little slow you should try the alternative. There's good info there, at least has been in the past. I'm in the US but was trying to help someone that lived in Australia a couple of years back.

Best of luck to you and hope you're able to get it sorted out.

mick500

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
Australia
Since you have all the components to DIY, how about trying unflavored juice and see if things improve.

Hate to seem like I'm shutting down all ideas but I did try that last time as well as it was suggested then as well..

I suddenly had a problem similar to yours that became severe, debilitating, and took me many weeks to figure out. Started out with a sort of acid reflux problem that became excruciating along with worsening ......... Last thing I thought it was was vaping related. Long story short, it turned out to be the flavoring I was using, specifically the sweetener in it. It wasn't the inhaling it but rather in swallowing the condensation that develops in your mouth. It's a rare problem for those select few of us but not unheard of here.

That is a possibility. I did try buying from about 4 different places, but I may have been swallowing some which may give it a more laxative effect. Would make sense. I will be sure to be more careful not to swallow any, not like I was guzzling it down before lol, but I remember getting coils clogged or whatever and having some issues where there was overflow and I may have swallowed some small amounts at times.

I have ordered the juice now anyway,and will go to the local and buy something. Any recommendations for a decent mid price e cig battery, and tank or starter kit that is popular at the moment?

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you have IBS, I could see this happening. Okay, so a lot of flavorings use a bit of sucralose in them, which IS a laxative (in the right amounts, yours may be minute given you have IBS) but was wondering how inhaling something would travel into your digestive tract. Honestly, though the swallowing some quantity of your ejuice does make more sense to me.

I'd say try a high PG/nic mix with no flavoring. See how you do, then start adding in flavor without sweeteners (if you can manage to access DIY supplies, which you may well be able to do). Isolate ALL the ingredients so that you know what is causing you what. Also, if you really enjoyed vaping, you may have inadvertently given yourself more nicotine than your system is used to. To get really technical on that, try vaping just high PG low VG without nicotine for a while. See how you do, then if you stabilize, add nic, a little bit at the time, then flavors.

Be really careful in your inhalation technique, as well. I'd say since you really enjoyed vaping it's worth it this time to isolate out all your ingredients and see which one is doing what, so that you can eventually have a successful vaping experience. You aren't going to know what is affecting you if you don't isolate things as much as you can... It will likely pay off if you can find things you can tolerate well in the end.

Best of luck, that had to be a miserable problem to have.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread