Back to Basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I have large heavy devices (Provari) that I use when I am at home (I work from home). I will put a Provari in my pocket but so often a smaller device makes more sense.

I am always doing something that requires both hands so a Provari and a hands free device makes sense to me. In fact two classes of hands free devices are making sense to me. When hands are busy but nothing very athletic is going on an eGo sized auto is useable. Then doing something very athletic an auto cigalike is easier to manage.

I am currently trying to find the absolute best auto cigalike to use while I have a Provari in my pocket. Not one that will just do, the best that I can get.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
While more cigar-like, I find these SmokTek eGo 1100mAh Automatic Battery, no buttons to push! a pretty good choice for hands free. (The also have a 650). Tiny hole for the pressure/vacuum switch, minimizing chances of getting juice down inside. Of course, all autos are subject to that. And even though 1100 mAh, pretty light. A topper with a delrin drip tip works fine. (I do prefer ego threaded ones, for the mechanical strength. Say, for example, an Evod.)

Last edited:

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
While more cigar-like, I find these SmokTek eGo 1100mAh Automatic Battery, no buttons to push! a pretty good choice for hands free. (The also have a 650). Tiny hole for the pressure/vacuum switch, minimizing chances of getting juice down inside. Of course, all autos are subject to that. And even though 1100 mAh, pretty light. A topper with a delrin drip tip works fine. (I do prefer ego threaded ones, for the mechanical strength. Say, for example, an Evod.)

Those are 3.7v. Ikenvape has some that are 3.96v in 900, 650, and 350 sizes.

WalkinRuin

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Livermore, CA, USA
I have a Zen2 carto I use for my evening vape. After a long day nothing like a good dinner and fine vape, like a good bottle of wine. The rest of the day are eGo type things I can put in my pocket, toss in a bag on the bike, throw at raccoons etc. Actually I don't vape much, not nearly as much as I smoked but the eGos are the daily work horses.

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
I ever left the basics?

Yes I use mechs and rebuildables. My main vape these days is a REO Grand + RM2.

BUT

I still have 5 ego batterys sitting here that get used daily. I flat prefer them for driving or watching TV at night when I am likely to fall asleep and drop them.

There is room for all type of vape gear in anyone's tacklebox. :)

Best to drop one of them than a live analog..... Vaping saves lives!!!!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Thanks for the useless advise.

Who said I was going to buy a Provari and start posting that it's the best thing in the world? I'm looking for something that ISN'T made in China and has a warranty.

Other than the Prowatzit, if you're serious about NOT made in China, I can't think of much other than some of the European mechanicals, and I don't know about guarantees... You could Kick one of those, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread