Backwoods Brew Malty Toffee

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
I've been giving little bits and pieces of a review of this juice all over ECF today, so it's time to sit down and give a full review. This is backwoods brew malty toffee in 12mg, 15ml bottle for $9. What a rookie mistake - don't bother with the smaller bottles, go big or go home.

This is my first BWB purchase, and I was concerned about the juice living up to the hype. But my first impression of this - before it was even out of the box when I rec'd it last Thursday, two days after ordering! - was that anything that smells this good has GOT to be interesting. Wow. Understatement award.

I use an eGo passthrough battery, with both a regular 510 atty and a carto during a road trip. (I don't care for cartos, I like to direct drip.)

The flavor is just wonderful, and amazingly hard to describe for a flavor that "should" be familiar enough to describe. My thought process was something like: "Hmm, I'd have expected more 'candy' but definitely not. Chocolate? No, definitely not. Maybe. No. No chocolate at all, that's the malt - but not malted milk balls, more like Ovaltine - the regular kind, anyone remember that but me, I wonder?"

It's so smooth and silky - not a hit you over the head flavor, as one reviewer on the site also noted - it's pretty much a perfectly unique flavor. And when I say it's smooth and silky, that is not a way of saying it's subtle, because it isn't. It's Malty-Toffee, baby, don't forget it!

Dripping:
Vapor 5/5
Flavor 3/5 - I know - but there's a bit of an edge when dripping
TH: Perfect

The carto is actually where this juice really shines for me. I'm willing to trade TH for the amazing smell and flavor that come through with a carto - I mean that, truly amazing. We took a long road trip this w/end and everyone in the car was like OMG, take another hit, Mom, that smells GOOOOOOD. But the funny thing is that most vapes don't smell that good to me - or rather, they don't smell very strong on the exhale. This is SO different. It truly filled the car (and my hair!) with that slightly nutty and buttery and malty sweet smell. Divine

So,
Carto:
Vapor: 5/5
Flavor: 5/5
TH: 3/5 - but a sacrifice I'm happy to make.

If you like sweet, unique flavors BUY. But don't make my mistake. BUY BIG.

ETA: I mentioned that bottle size - 15ml - because I meant to mention that I'm almost OUT. Five days should've been less than 10ml's for me. But not, I've had my ego surgically attached to my hand so that I can vape this constantly. The one smart thing I did was go low on the nic. Every once in a while I am hitting a little menthol/vanilla mix to cleanse my palate more or less and enjoy this anew.

Also ETA: Don states that his juices are diacetyl-free. :)

Last edited:

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
I vape BWB Malty Toffee at my desk at work and one of my co-workers came to me a few days ago and asked me what smelled so good in my work area. I told her it was Malty Toffee flavored liquid I was vaping. She told me she used my computer the other night and went on a search for where the smell was coming from and realized it was all around my cubicle. She described the aroma as "angelic." LOL That's the one and only time I've heard that word used to describe a vaping aroma but it sure fits this particular flavor. I love it! It's my comfort vape.

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
Yeah... much sweeter... but I don't find his RY4 the slightest bit sweet - do you?
I taste the vanilla, but not sweet...

Yeah I did. Maybe I just didn't like the caramel. hard to say. I was able to finish 15ml no problem. But I learned RY4 is not for me (even Don's).
I bought 60mls a while ago from another vendor and gave about 30mls away. Way too sweet for me.

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
This is on my list. If it wasnt for FSUSA's big sale over the weekend, It would be arriving tomorrow. Now I have to wait until payday. But I will order big. No tobacco taste right? I dont care for tobacco tastes. I was always a wine cooler kind of guy.

No tobacco at all. Soooo good. (<-- the kind of review my brain wants to write. lol)

Let me know, I think you're going to be very, very happy.

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
I vape BWB Malty Toffee at my desk at work and one of my co-workers came to me a few days ago and asked me what smelled so good in my work area. I told her it was Malty Toffee flavored liquid I was vaping. She told me she used my computer the other night and went on a search for where the smell was coming from and realized it was all around my cubicle. She described the aroma as "angelic." LOL That's the one and only time I've heard that word used to describe a vaping aroma but it sure fits this particular flavor. I love it! It's my comfort vape.

I love that, Lynda - she's right! What I love is that it's so lovely w/out being a strong, definite food flavor.

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
Shan, really nice review BTW. Sorry I got caught up as I started reading posts.

I really like that you noted the differences with dripping and a carto. I believe hardware is key to note when reviewing a juice.

Thanks! I greatly prefer dripping, so to note that something was this much better in the carto seemed key.

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
I love that, Lynda - she's right! What I love is that it's so lovely w/out being a strong, definite food flavor.

Oh, I forgot to respond to your comment about Ovaltine. Yes, I remember that flavor well and you chose a great descriptive word for this juice review. Did they stop making it? I haven't seen it around in years. Maybe Don bought all the remaining jars!:p

les017

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2010
Hacienda Heights, CA
This is my first BWB purchase, and I was concerned about the juice living up to the hype.

It's so smooth and silky - not a hit you over the head flavor, as one reviewer on the site also noted - it's pretty much a perfectly unique flavor. And when I say it's smooth and silky, that is not a way of saying it's subtle, because it isn't.

Nice review, and I agree completely! But if this is your first BWB order, and you described the toffee the way you did...then I would certainly hope you go back and get some "plain old" Malty!! Everything you said about MT was accurate to me, but I really like the original Malty better. Not that MT is worse than Malty...it's just that the toffee gets in the way of the original perfection IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread