Backwoods Brew--Spearmint 12mg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilavati

Jan 6, 2011
Alexandria, VA
When I was a little kid, there was a patch of actual, real live Spearmint behind my parent's house. You could go back there, rip off a leaf or two, stick in in your mouth, and chew it. It was so good.

That is EXACTLY what this vape tastes like. That is to say, real, natural spearmint, and not spearmint gum. That means that its not very sweet, and slightly bitter. I noticed, in fact, that this juice was panned in the two reviews on BWBs site . . . they said it was overpowering (not my experience) and tasted of "unnatural chemicals", which I find sort of amusing, because that's exactly what it doesn't taste like to me. I suspect the reviewer has had no experience with real spearmint, and thinks the "natural" flavor is what you find in gum.

Anyway, for me at least, this is a nice smooth, relaxing vape that brings back memories of my childhood. Although it doesn't taste like them, it reminds me of the various tea flavors: slightly bitter, not sweet, savory and herbal and, yes, minty.

Highly recommended for fans of natural spearmint!

Hardware:

Volcano Inferno with Clearomizer

Flavor--5

This is going to be on my "must have" list. It really tastes like natural spearmint. Now, admittedly, I'm a spearmint fan (natural and gum), but I think anyone who likes natural, complex flavors will like it.

Throat Hit--1-2?

Not sure how to rate this. I don't like a heavy throat hit. It makes me cough. I'm sick of coughing, that's why I don't smoke anymore! But in any case, this doesn't have much of one . . I can get a throat hit if I try, but it doesn't naturally hit me.

Vapor--3.5

I don't feel like a personal fog machine, but there's plenty if you want it. On the other hand, its damp downable if you don't want to draw too much attention.

Overall--5

That's for me, with a love of the natural flavor, no desire for a heavy throat hit and relatively indifferent to the vapor as long as there is enough to know I'm vaping.

upstatEpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2010
CNY
Thanks 4 the review ive wondered about this flavor. iremember those spearmint patches when I was a kid too. I saw those rviews on Dons site and it actually deterred me from ordering that flavor. I might have to try it now. Nice comparison. I am also happy that you didnt just leave your review at numbers and went to explain your reasons for them. How to i know if you4r 5 is the same as mine right?
Good Stuff

Lilavati

Jan 6, 2011
Alexandria, VA
Sorry, I didnt' intend offense. I'm just used to people not knowing what the "real thing" tastes like, and sort of jumped to a conclusion.

I guess we have different palates . . . to me it tastes more like semi-wild spearmint than the "natural" juice I have (which is also good). To you it doesn't. I wonder if we have experience with different varieties?

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
A friend of mine ordered spearmint in 12 mg. He let me try it and I was blown away by the clean, true flavor. I had some spearmint plants in my yard a few years ago and loved to chew on the leaves. The natural mint is so different than the gum flavor and Don's blend is not the gum variety IMO. As always, tastes vary and what one person prefers, another detests. It's great that we all aren't bound to the same flavors. Variety is the spice of life, especially in the vaping world.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
i respect your opinion newbz and your pallet. a person who grows as many varieties as yourself will def be harder to please in the spearmint dept.

Yes. I agree. I think it is very important to make our own opinion known so emphatically that the OP's opinion no longer matters. There is no way they could possibly be right in THEIR opinion. Someone else with so much knowledge on the topic should be the one we are listening to, not the one who wrote the opinion piece in the first place. I defer to the one with the strongest opinion, of course. But that is just my opinion...a humble one at that.

Lilavati

Jan 6, 2011
Alexandria, VA
Bowing out of this discussion before it becomes a flame war. Sorry your thread got derailed, Lilavati. Not my intent.

Newbz, if this thread becomes a flame war over varied interpretations of natural spearmint versus BWB spearmint because the two of us got somewhat snarky . . . . then everyone involved needs to find something more important worry about.

Newbz

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
US
Newbz, if this thread becomes a flame war over varied interpretations of natural spearmint versus BWB spearmint because the two of us got somewhat snarky . . . . then everyone involved needs to find something more important worry about.

We're good. :)
I just got the feeling that the pot was being stirred by another poster and I wanted no bad feelings between you and I, especially in your review thread. We have different opinions. So what? It's cool as far as I am concerned.

funny that post has dramatically changed. makes my response to newbz make no sense at all what happened?

I know. Sorry about that. :( I felt it was more important for Lilavati's review to be the focus in this thread instead of it devolving into some stupid flame war with another poster (not Lilaveti) so I backed out.

Please, everyone, go back to discussing the OP. TY.

Lilavati

Jan 6, 2011
Alexandria, VA
I wonder, considering how radically different the interpretations are, if this is a case where certain people lack taste receptors for a certain taste. I know that there are genetic differences in what people can taste; perhaps whatever is causing the chemical taste uses a receptor that not everyone has. Because its not that I don't mind the "chemical" taste . . . I don't even perceive it.

upstatEpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2010
CNY
I wonder, considering how radically different the interpretations are, if this is a case where certain people lack taste receptors for a certain taste. I know that there are genetic differences in what people can taste; perhaps whatever is causing the chemical taste uses a receptor that not everyone has. Because its not that I don't mind the "chemical" taste . . . I don't even perceive it.

Taste can be a very interesting topic if you look into it Lilavati. Have you ever googled supertasters? It gets interesting, there's no way of knowing if something tastes even remotely similiar to two different people. crazy to think about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread