Bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
I have always been a big fan of bacon. It is my favorite food. It can be a main dish, a condiment, a topping, or an ingredient. It makes all other foods taste better. Bake me a coconut cake with bacon in it and I will eat it without hesitation.

Tomorrow will make 4 weeks straight without an analog for me. My tastebuds finally grew back about a week ago and all my food has been tasting more much better. Having smoked 1-2 packs a day for the last 13 years, I didn't really know what I have been missing. A lot of foods taste totally different to me now.

Yesterday, I went grocery shopping. As I was strolling past the bacon, It dawned on me that I had not eaten any bacon for a a while. I went ahead and got a pack of that high-test bacon... the expensive thick-sliced kind that is applewood smoked.

Today, I went to the refrigerator to cook dinner for myself. I noticed the bacon sitting there trying to look all nonchalant by the cheddar cheese and onions. Nice try bacon, I thought. I took the pack out and proceeded to cook 7 slices until they were nice and crispy.

My first impression upon taking a bite of the bacon was that I should probably sit down before I fell over. The flavor explosion felt like a stick of pork dynamite blasting my face off. The bacon tasted more delicious than I could have imagined in my wildest swine-related dreams. I guess I never really had the good bacon when I was a kid, before I smoked. Now here it was, roundhouse-kicking my tongue around with flavor like an extra on "Walker: Texas Ranger." I was completely blown away. Thankfully, none of my neighbors called the police when I stared yelling at the top of my lungs and dancing around like a lunatic. The rest of the bacon was consumed immediately, while I celebrated vigorously.

In conclusion, I would to say that I am amazed at how good bacon tastes to me now. I am excited to try all of my favorite foods now. If only I knew about this sooner, maybe I could have succeeded one of the many times I tried to quit with the patch, the gum, the lozenges, etc etc. I am very happy I found the electronic cigarette and this forum. Otherwise I would still be hopeless, miserable and paying $7 a day to slowly murder myself. Food tastes great again and I feel like a million bucks.

Thanks for the advice and support fellow ECF members! There is no way I could have done this alone.

And thank you too bacon. Thank you for being so delicious.

champions

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Midwest
I have always been a big fan of bacon. It is my favorite food. It can be a main dish, a condiment, a topping, or an ingredient. It makes all other foods taste better. Bake me a coconut cake with bacon in it and I will eat it without hesitation.

Tomorrow will make 4 weeks straight without an analog for me. My tastebuds finally grew back about a week ago and all my food has been tasting more much better. Having smoked 1-2 packs a day for the last 13 years, I didn't really know what I have been missing. A lot of foods taste totally different to me now.

Yesterday, I went grocery shopping. As I was strolling past the bacon, It dawned on me that I had not eaten any bacon for a a while. I went ahead and got a pack of that high-test bacon... the expensive thick-sliced kind that is applewood smoked.

Today, I went to the refrigerator to cook dinner for myself. I noticed the bacon sitting there trying to look all nonchalant by the cheddar cheese and onions. Nice try bacon, I thought. I took the pack out and proceeded to cook 7 slices until they were nice and crispy.

My first impression upon taking a bite of the bacon was that I should probably sit down before I fell over. The flavor explosion felt like a stick of pork dynamite blasting my face off. The bacon tasted more delicious than I could have imagined in my wildest swine-related dreams. I guess I never really had the good bacon when I was a kid, before I smoked. Now here it was, roundhouse-kicking my tongue around with flavor like an extra on "Walker: Texas Ranger." I was completely blown away. Thankfully, none of my neighbors called the police when I stared yelling at the top of my lungs and dancing around like a lunatic. The rest of the bacon was consumed immediately, while I celebrated vigorously.

In conclusion, I would to say that I am amazed at how good bacon tastes to me now. I am excited to try all of my favorite foods now. If only I knew about this sooner, maybe I could have succeeded one of the many times I tried to quit with the patch, the gum, the lozenges, etc etc. I am very happy I found the electronic cigarette and this forum. Otherwise I would still be hopeless, miserable and paying $7 a day to slowly murder myself. Food tastes great again and I feel like a million bucks.

Thanks for the advice and support fellow ECF members! There is no way I could have done this alone.

And thank you too bacon. Thank you for being so delicious.

So good bye lung disease, cancer and emphysema. Hello Cardiac arrest my old friend.

LOL we're in the same boat :)

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Man, I REALLY enjoy hearing such enthusiastic reactions, LOL!

It's great when our senses of taste and smell return, I was blown away when mine did. It's been months now, and your account reminds me of how excited I was. Good to keep in mind even when the newness rubs off, right?! :)
Bake me a coconut cake with bacon in it and I will eat it without hesitation.
How about bacon wrapped Twinkies? LOL
3534.jpg

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio

It's great when our senses of taste and smell return, I was blown away when mine did. It's been months now, and your account reminds me of how excited I was. Good to keep in mind even when the newness rubs off, right?! :)

3534.jpg

Whoa... Baconhenge!

Now the struggle shifts from combating a cigarette addiction to preventing a bacon addiction.

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
lol! so how is it?

I have not tried it yet, but I just ordered from Vaporrenu last week and saw it on their list. Now that I have tried their e-juice and found it to be very good, I will be getting some with my next order.

I can, however, attest to the fact that their pricky pear flavor is awesome.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Side Note: I ordered some roast beef flavoring, for DIY. It smells just like roast beef, and I love roast beef. But, it hasn't become one of my favorite vapes. Sometimes (maybe often times) what we love to eat ain't such a great vape. Just sayin', King, good luck with your bacon vape. LOL

You might love it. :)

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
You are right NCC. Bacon may not make for a good vape. I guess it is a gamble just like ordering any other flavor of juice. If it is good, though, I will be overwhelmed with joy. And, obviously, the next step will be to start working on biscuits and sausage gravy e-juice. The person who figures that one out will have statues built in their honor.

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
You are right NCC. Bacon may not make for a good vape. I guess it is a gamble just like ordering any other flavor of juice. If it is good, though, I will be overwhelmed with joy. And, obviously, the next step will be to start working on biscuits and sausage gravy e-juice. The person who figures that one out will have statues built in their honor.

hmm we may have a fix for those who have to watch their cholestrol. they can vape without the negative outcome of that.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
I just placed a DIY order at One Stop DIY. Almost pulled the trigger on Bacon flavoring but just didn't have the nerve. Thought it would end up sitting in my kit so I went with another breakfast favorite Waffles. I think I will stay with eating Bacon and drinking beer. Two flavors I am not sure I want to vape.

Anyway King - Happy to hear your rediscovery of Bacon was so orgasmic for you. Enjoy those new found tatse buds and thanks for the post I got a chuckle out of it

Krisb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
OH

3534.jpg

Sooo not sure how I feel about that!!

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
lovetoski...oh, my! waffles is my new fav...just got it at the vape-in at vaporbomb! Ya just can't stop vaping it!

Now I am not so sure I should have passed on the Bacon flavoring. I am thinking 10% waffle, 4% maple syrup and 1% BACON in a DIY juice and I can sleep in another 15 mins and vape my breakfast on the drive to work! Now what to do about the kids?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread