Not open for further replies.

CthulhuSaves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Kansas
www.Call-of-Cthulhu.com
Hiya,

Has anyone else had a bad experience with Bloog's cartos? I don't see any abundance of bad reviews or anything, but man, after giving them a try, I'm daydreaming about throwing a brick through someone's window. I've pulled a couple cartos out of four different packs to test them, and not a single one of them produced more than a tiny hint of vapor, and some don't seem to "fire" at all. Even worse, flavorwise I swear they taste...old, like they're dried-up.

The Chocolate is unrecognizable as a flavor, just a "neutral" taste, the coffee is also very weak and subtle, but when you can make out the flavor it's as if it's watered down, and the Apple has a noticable flavor when you can get the carto to work a little, but seems to be the worst in terms of vapor (close to none, and you've gotta take very hard, long drags to get a tiny puff to come out). Oh, and the Apples were leaking from the rubber stopper (mouthpiece) end.

A single carto normally lasts a day, sometimes into the next, but I've just wasted 8 of them.

What's got me confused is that, as stated, I don't see tons of negative feedback or reviews, which one would expect. So, if this is just a fluke, what the heck are the odds of all these cartos being so lousy. I'm completely baffled.

I know there's no exchanging cartos; that's not what I'm after. I'm just trying to figure out how/why an entire bundle of them could be so... bad. I've bought duds before. Happens to all of us from time to time. But wow, this makes no sense to me.

Anyone else run into these problems, too?

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've never had a bad BMF carto either, I've had some I didn't like the flavor but that is just MY tastebuds. But these cartos are made to be used with the Bloog batteries that are regulated at 3.6 volts. I've seen some that use them on the 5v passthrough without problems. So I'm not sure what may have happened with yours perhaps someone can chime in that has a better answer than I.

CthulhuSaves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Kansas
www.Call-of-Cthulhu.com
Well, shoot. Thought you might be on to something there for a sec. I don't have any Bloog-branded hardware, just a handful of 808 batts from various vendors (the usual suspects), and don't know their voltages, so I popped a 510-808 adapter on my Inferno (eGo style batt that runs at a little over 3.5v). Tried 'em all again, but nope, still little-to-no flavor, and the vapor is about what you'd see if you exhaled on a slightly cool day, or in a walk-in cooler. Still stumped.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
For me any many others Bloog is one of the best if not the best KR808D manufacture out there. I never had any bad experience with the performance of their cartos. I think I use BMF's now for a month or so and not once did I have a carto that was dead or had performance variances.

Also don't take this as a fact but I think BMF cartos work best with BMF bats. They are $15 and trust me with the BMF bat you will not have any issues with the BMF cartos.

popeye79

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2011
WA, USA
Since you are using them on non-Bloog batts, I am wondering if it is more of a connection issue between the post on the batt and the post on the carto. If there is little connection you will get VERY little vapor, if any at all.

What she said.

I'm no pro, but I've heard A LOT about having to pull the post up on "other" brand bats. I think they have whole threads dedicated to how to do this. Good luck, once you get them going, these cartos pretty much last forever. ;)

CthulhuSaves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Kansas
www.Call-of-Cthulhu.com
Ok, a quick look shows me they've got the hard plastic bits on the mouthpiece end, not soft rubber. Does that mean these are the older versions? The boxes are ginormous, and can easily hold two strips (10 cartos). No mention of Fusion or Maxxfusion or anything, just "Bloog" and the usual nic/flavor stickers. Shows bloogplanet.com as the web addy.

If these are the older ones, what's the diff? And do the newer versions also have a "connection issue" with non-Bloog batts? (I've really gotta say, that'd be a horrible business decision. I'm a dedicated prefilled carto fan, and people like me tend to already have their gear taken care of, and we spend our time hunting vendors to check out their flavors/pricing, etc. Someone finds what they consider to be the "sweet spot" of price/flavor and regular mailing list discounts and blammo, that's when they start buying the T-shirts.) :)

Definitely sounds like old cartos. The MaxxFusion's are supposed to be MUCH better. There's a number of different design changes (there are a number of different people who could address those better than I ever could). They also are using different liquid now. As for the business decision, from what I understand, Leaford joined the Bloog company and was instrumental in a number of improvements to the product. From what I understand, the Fusion and MaxxFusion can be used together, but sometimes there's problems when interfacing with other companies' hardware. Keep inmind, I haven't been vaping that long, so my "opinion" is mostly research I did before choosing a brand to buy.

BTW... I absolutely LOVE your screen name.

Last edited:

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
You got fusion cartos then. And no the newer cartos ive tried go on all types of 808's. The older ones have many between them that connect badly.. Any 808 with the hard plastic top is and old type carto, exept maybe smoore types and bloog dont sell those.

No wonder you dont like em:closedeyes: The old type cartos arent good, and prduce like no vapor. Not only bloogs but all vendors old types are blah...
Now you know why so many went for mods, when these types were all you could get.

CthulhuSaves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Kansas
www.Call-of-Cthulhu.com
So, to summarize, the company had a crap product, got some new leadership/direction/inspiration/whatever, got their act together as a result, and subsequently started cranking out a quality product instead. Sound about right? :)

Eh, I can respect that. Still wanna cram these useless cartos up someone's nose until they shed copious tears of spendable cash, but hey, wuddya gonna do, right? (Chuckle)

shooter59

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Central Indiana
Hi Ct,
Yes, that would be a pretty good summary.
From what I understand the MaxxFusion was born on or about 12/15/10.
It took the market by storm. The new innovations in the battery and cartos were something nobody expected.
Bloog is still under going some growing pains, but what do you expect when you have a product like the MaxxFusion to your credit.

Leaford, who came from another company, is actually at the manufacturing plants on a daily basis verifying the quality control, bringing the new designs to life and developing the juice line and continued upgrades of the current products.

Contrary to some opinions, I feel that the new Bloog is second to none and shall be the leader in the E-cig market. This is actually the ground floor of the new generation of vaping.

So strap on your seat belt and hang on for a great ride as the Bloog continues to lead the way.:2cool:

Welcome to Bloog an keep on vaping:vapor:

So, to summarize, the company had a crap product, got some new leadership/direction/inspiration/whatever, got their act together as a result, and subsequently started cranking out a quality product instead. Sound about right? :)

Eh, I can respect that. Still wanna cram these useless cartos up someone's nose until they shed copious tears of spendable cash, but hey, wuddya gonna do, right? (Chuckle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread