Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy2beMe

Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
South Florida, USA
1) No longer works at all - needs rebuilt.
2) Flavor is weak/vapor is weak - needs rebuilt.
3) The coil is badly gunked up and cleaning doesn't help - needs rebuilt (at this point #2 probably applies also).

#2 is what I'm experiencing. Perhaps from reason #3. Can #3 happen because of too much juice flow? And, Can these factors result in Ohms reading to jump up like .2 Ohms or so?

I appreciate the help. I'm getting closer to Pro level so I'm trying to get a Pro understanding instead of just simply replacing coils without a solid read/understanding on what "cause and effect" is happening under any given situation. This way I, as well, will be of intelligent assistance to the next person asking about this subject.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
More likely #3 happens depending on the juice you use - my wife likes coffee and cappuccino flavours. but dark coloured juices generally and very sweet ones seem to have a fabulous ability to clog coils up.

#2 can sometimes be remedied by dry burning the coil a little if it's not too badly clogged up, but that of course depends on the wick you are using. I consider it to be only a temporary fix.

T

Happy2beMe

Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
South Florida, USA
Can winding a coil too tight or too loose on a wick cause this to happen prematurely? Because this problem occurred after only a couple days of this rebuild.
Or could I just simply have used a ready wire that was bad from the start? This problem I'm having is with a GG Ithaka which uses res/non-res coil wire wich I have bought pre-made ready wires because I don't know how to make my own yet.

10uR

Verified Member
May 26, 2013
TR
Can winding a coil too tight or too loose on a wick cause this to happen prematurely? Because this problem occurred after only a couple days of this rebuild.
Or could I just simply have used a ready wire that was bad from the start? This problem I'm having is with a GG Ithaka which uses res/non-res coil wire wich I have bought pre-made ready wires because I don't know how to make my own yet.

Making res/non-res wire this video help you.
Ithakas's Dual Razer Edge Coils - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread