Bad cough after quitting vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laguna6866

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Central New York
Hello...I have been vaping for 5-6 years, after giving up a 20 year cigarette habit.

Tomorrow will mark 2 weeks without vaping. The first week of not vaping wasn't terrible. I started to feel like my lungs were breathing easier (the reason I quit vaping is it was getting harder and harder to breathe!). However, my second week of being vape free I have developed a deep bad cough. I am not sick, it is only a cough. I do tend to cough up phlegm so I know it is productive coughing...

I'm hoping someone that has quit vaping who has experienced this issue could chime in and tell me about their experience.

Thanks in advance!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hello...I have been vaping for 5-6 years, after giving up a 20 year cigarette habit.

Tomorrow will mark 2 weeks without vaping. The first week of not vaping wasn't terrible. I started to feel like my lungs were breathing easier (the reason I quit vaping is it was getting harder and harder to breathe!). However, my second week of being vape free I have developed a deep bad cough. I am not sick, it is only a cough. I do tend to cough up phlegm so I know it is productive coughing...

I'm hoping someone that has quit vaping who has experienced this issue could chime in and tell me about their experience.

Thanks in advance!
Gratz on finishing the cycle! :).
The getting harder and harder to breathe thing may or may not have anything to do with vaping. Lots of things can make it feel like it’s hard to breathe and some of them are scary. That’s one of those “see a doctor” symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread