Bad ejuice? Burning every coil I have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to vaping....just started a month ago and LOVE it. I bought some ejuice from my local vape shop, and I love it....raspberry lemonade. Problem is, it gets a burned taste after I vape it for more than 10 minutes! I've used my EVOD, My mini protank and even my Kanger Aerotank with my VV spinner and it has burned every coil I have! Is this just bad juice? What can I do? It is not a thick or dark juice.....I need help! Thanks:))

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Juice does not burn heads
Coils burn juice

Either to little wicking - unlikely as you have tried several tanks
Or Power setting to high - most likely - new user error.

Does not matter if this is the setting that produces the Flavor you want. Matters if things will operate properly at this setting.

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca
if your local shop has a tasting bar see if they have some to try there. see if it does the same thing if not find out whaat their ratio of VG/PG is. Have you ever cleaned your existing coils? This might help, just soak them in Vodka for at least an hour or longer, dump the vodka and if it's got a lot of color added to it do once more then let them dry completely.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Sorry, still new to the terminology. The coil still fires up, but it tastes burned like smoking the wrong end of a real cig....

Sounds like the New e-Liquid is Too Thick which Cause Poor Wicking.

And Poor Wicking causes the Dreaded Dry Hit. ie: Burnt Taste.

You might try taking a Small amount of that New e-Liquid (placed in a Separate Bottle) and Adding a few Drops of Water or Vodka to it to Thin it Down.

Sounds like the New e-Liquid is Too Thick which Cause Poor Wicking.

And Poor Wicking causes the Dreaded Dry Hit. ie: Burnt Taste.

You might try taking a Small amount of that New e-Liquid (placed in a Separate Bottle) and Adding a few Drops of Water or Vodka to it to Thin it Down.

Thank you! I'll try it:)

LikesToGoFast

Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
Annapolis, MD
When I first started some of the juices I was using had a burnt taste to them. I read somewhere if you remove a few of the threads that make up the wick from lets say a kanger coil. It will help get more juice to the coil. I used to take a pair of tweezers and just remove a few strands from the coil and it helped. Remember to remove a few at a time or you will end up flooding. It seems like just removing one or two hair like strands wouldn't do much, but in my case it was night and day. You will have to experiment

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Probably vaping at too high of voltage. Turn it down some and also try a top coil dual coil clearo like the old iclear 16 with top coils.. Dont think it would be the juice but not knowing hte pg.vg ratio it is hard to say. Check out Innokin iClear 16 Dual Coil Ego Clearomizer
give one a try and see if you like these better than the bottom coils. I do.. I got tired of the burnt taste I was getting from bottom coils clearos.. Good success.. I know a lot of ppl will disagree but that is my findings using evods..

is the Raspberry Lemonade an "inhouse/homemade" eliquid that the shop makes themselves?
Raspberry is a tough flavor to get to taste right in vapor.

Yes, it's an in house juice....damn good, too. It's very raspberry on the inhale and lemonade on the exhale....except when it tastes burned:-( Which is most of the time on any device I use ( but all my devices are bottom coil)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread