Dry Burning -- Overkill??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to vaping, but have an Kanger Evod BCC. I recently got a Evod VV Battery and love it!

I have a few tanks, and a few on order...

I've watched many videos on dry burning have done it a few times...

My question is: When I'm changing liquids to a different flavor, I am washing out the tank with hot water, washing off the coil and then dry burning the coil while I have the tank disassembled... Is this overkill? Is it necessary to dry burn this often? I do see a dark build-up and there is a burn for 3-4 pulses before the coil glows... this may not be necessary, but will it cause any harm?

Thanks..

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
How often to dry burn depends alot on the juice, if you have a gunky juice it can be every couple tanks, if it is a clean burning juice it may be never, it is easy enough to pull the little metal piece off, take a look at the coil, if it looks gunked up, crank up the volts and burn away.

One thing to consider the so-called flavor wicks burn, and become nasty little burnt tasting pieces of garbage, buy some wick to replace them, or if your juice viscosity is playing nice get rid of them altogether. At some point though the wick material breaks down enough to effect flavor as well, then it is time to replace, or rebuild the head, as it is past the point of no return.

Maintaining the coil, and keeping it relatively clean is paramount to, and directly effects the taste of the juice, I can always tell when it is time to do a little cleaning.

Last edited:
How often to dry burn depends alot on the juice, if you have a gunky juice it can be every couple tanks, if it is a clean burning juice it may be never, it is easy enough to pull the little metal piece off, take a look at the coil, if it looks gunked up, crank up the volts and burn away.

One thing to consider the so-called flavor wicks burn, and become nasty little burnt tasting pieces of garbage, buy some wick to replace them, or if your juice viscosity is playing nice get rid of them altogether. At some point though the wick material breaks down enough to effect flavor as well, then it is time to replace, or rebuild the head, as it is past the point of no return.

Maintaining the coil, and keeping it relatively clean is paramount to, and directly effects the taste of the juice, I can always tell when it is time to do a little cleaning.

Thanks ccwaters: I'm not dryburning because I'm getting bad flavor, but more of a matter of changing flavors, or "maintenance" of the coil...

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I dry burn whenever I change out my wick. good way to get rid of the gunk build up and maintain the cols life. When changing out the flavor in a particular atomizer, I will take out the wick dry burn coil, re-wick, saturate then fill and vape. I also wash out the atomizer. Not over kill just good vape maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread