Bad second time around

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi. I can imagine you are finding it hard.
Historical testimony shows that many people needed to transition with some dual use of tobacco and vaping for a while to eventually quit smoking.
You haven't told us the power you are vaping at, but I will assume it's not 'low' in the old standards of 4-8 watts. People did quit at that power, some with as much as 36mg but over 1, 2, 3+ months, maybe even years.
12mg in a modern device should be plenty enough nicotine. I suspect that is not where your problem is.
Don't give yourself a hard time, smoke a little, vape a little and try to send the direction towards vaping.

Many of us used 24mg. I would think you'll only give yourself a headache if you think you can kill the cigarette cravings with higher strength juice.

btportugal

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
UK
I think everyone's different and everyone's habit is different. My smoking goes/went in hand with drinking alcohol, something I only did every second / third day. On those days I'd smoke 20-25 cigs but on other days only 2-5. In terms of vaping, I don't enjoy anything above 6mg. BUT I like being able to chain vape at this level. It's hard work sometimes but I can usually chain vape a craving away.

I've spoken to heavy smokers who've settled on lower nic but more vaping rather than the other way around.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
hi I started vaping again yesterday after going back on the stinkies but this time by the end of the day my mood was terrible and I was every anxious. I use a target mini with a triton mini tank at 1.2 ohms 12 mg juice. I think I may not be vaping enough or need a higher nic level, used to smoke 30 -40 a day. Any advice would be great thank you
Apparently there are smokers who stop smoking immediately and never look back but may be a majority of successful attempts need some determination and a transition period. Vaping reduced my cigs 80% immediately. I decided to leave it at that while I learned how to vape. After six weeks I got a call at work that someone had died. I happened to be out of cigs and decided to attempt zero cigs at that point and it worked. I knew I would never stop vaping. There was low pressure because a relapse would only be back to 5 cigs a day, not 25. I started a brother of mine vaping 2 months later. I said don't worry about stopping smoking, just don't stop vaping. 10 months later he got a call about someone who had died and decided to try for zero cigs and was successful. The motivation to stop smoking comes and goes. If you happen to be vaping when the inspiration comes you'll be much more likely to succeed. This time don't stop vaping.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Congrats on your return to the vape side. It's always more difficult changing habits in the beginning.
It just simply takes more effort.
Just keep grabbing the vape and puff away the cravings as best you can. The longer you do, the easier it gets.

Remember that e-liquid does not contain the additives that tobacco does. Nicotine absorption is slower so we need to vape much more frequently/constantly to keep our nic levels up where they need to be. YMMV. Cheers.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Sounds like you might want to go sub ohm. VW boxes can be as cheap as 20.00. Try one, warmer vapor, more vapor, wattage can enhance or mute flavor of a juice, all under your control. Also, might need 18 mg juice for a while. I used to smoke 2 packs a day, had to go all the way to 36mg to break it, but okay on 6mg now.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I can only speak from my experience. Whether or not it helps is up to you....
I quit smoking cold turkey using an eGo 650mAh battery and a drip 1.5 ohms atomizer. And it genuinely sucked for two days. But I had to get off tobacco, so I had convinced myself of one simple fact ; I wasn't quitting smoking, I was doing something other than tobacco ! I wouldn't go near tobacco flavors, instead I started with sweets and bakery flavored e-liquids. Heather's Heavenly Vapes, AltCig.com and Highbrow Vapors have selections that I likes and could vape in a rotation. They cost a little more (still far less than cigarettes) but I could stay with those flavors. I believe it is a simple fact that you WILL NOT stay with vaping if you do not Enjoy the flavors of you e-liquids.
I would suggest a simple setup to start, preferably something under $100. Variable Voltage / Wattage Mod (eLeaf World ?) and an easy to operate tank system (Aspire ?) should be plenty. Use your money to explore some of the various e-liquids out there. Find a half-dozen or more e-liquids you truly enjoy, than worry about your equipment. Nothing would suck worse than $1000 of vaping equipment gathering dust on a shelf six months from now.
Good Luck on your Journey.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
hi I started vaping again yesterday after going back on the stinkies but this time by the end of the day my mood was terrible and I was every anxious. I use a target mini with a triton mini tank at 1.2 ohms 12 mg juice. I think I may not be vaping enough or need a higher nic level, used to smoke 30 -40 a day. Any advice would be great thank you

The 1st couple days can be Rough. And sometimes No Amount of Nicotine Change can completely relieve things.

Because it Isn't just the Nicotine you get from Smoking. It is also the Cocktail of other Chemicals you inhale from All the other Crap they put in Cigarettes.

I would get some 18mg/ml and maybe some 24mg/ml and try it. You might find running 2 Tanks works the Best. One tank has 12 or 18mg/ml for you Day-2-Day vape.

The Other Tank has a Higher Level of Nicotine to get you thru the Rough Spots when the Cravings come.

I would Also be Drink a Lot of Water. And trying to get a little Extra Exercise. Like walking around the Block at lunch and after Dinner.

You can Do This. Sometimes you might have to Grit your Teeth though. But if you want to Quit, you can Do It.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thank you everyone for your replies I'm going to try and keep a tank with some 18mg juice in it for when I need it and try that for a while

Right on vapeman.

When I quit, I kept a Carto full of Very High Nicotine in a Tic-Tac container. I used it whenever the Cravings got Bad. Then when they Passed, I would switch hack to my Regular Strength Cartos.

I called it my "Break Glass incase of Emergency" Carto.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread