Basecom IMAX Pro battery mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

As i am a new member and i am restricted to post elsewhere but here, i will ask you the same thing other member posted here about this IMAX battery.

Is this a ripoff of the VMAX? I bought this a couple of days ago from a local vaping store (stocks were zeroed everywhere from the holidays, this was the only one i found in my town at that time :|) and i couldn't find anything about it on the internet other than some selling links on Alibaba website.

It seems to have the same issues others flagged for the VMAX, about the output voltage being higher than specified, because now use a 1.8 ohm res. putting 3.6V on it and anything higher than this tastes burnt. With a simple Ego V2 i can get up to 4-4.2V with more vapes, great taste and no burnt taste at all using the same juice.

So the vape production seems a little low and the throat kick is a little lower too compared to other batteries.

Bottom of line, the VMAX is produced by Smoktech and this "IMAX Pro" one is from Basecom. Any chance these two are related, or the last one is just a ripoff of the first one?

Other than that, the mod seems ok, with the same menu structure and settings, the build quality is quite great (heavy stainless steel, big battery cap with good thread). Only one more downside (besides the output voltage thing), after you take out the batteries to charge them, the mod loses all the settings :(.

That's about it for this mod, i'm really curious if others got it and what they think of it.

Nice to meet you all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread