batteries getting drained fast on 5 click off or standby (PICO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
but how could it be the batteries?
If they are not in the device their voltage doesnt drop/then they dont get discharged
Never know if you don't try. Usually the simplest solution is the one that works, How old are your batteries? Do you consistently vape 40-50 or higher watts on lower sub ohm coils? Maybe they are fine outside the mod when they are not being used, but the little bit of power from the mod in standby drains them quickly= needs new batteries

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

HansWu

Oct 14, 2017
I know, I dont. Must be something firmware and battery unrelated as I had this like 2 years ago with a cheap not unupdatable device too and a VTC mini, something that different devices with different boards must have in common, id think. And it came when the mods got older. I really had my hopes up when someone mentioned that it may be even the inner threads of the pico battery cap, but sanding and cleaning all those conducting parts didnt help.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Do you have the clock turned on in AF....it will use battery life.
    That shouldn't be a problem. The clock runs off an "internal" battery.
    Notice when you leave the battery out for weeks, it still has the correct time when putting the battery back in.
    Odd the OP is having the same issue with multiple different mods.

• Agree

HansWu

Oct 14, 2017
    That shouldn't be a problem. The clock runs off an "internal" battery.
    Though I think the AF devs mentioned that the clock will cost battery life, but im not 100% certain.

yea, and when I asked about this in my german forum, also other people reported this issue, also with pico and also with different devices.
    I suspect that even if someone has this issue, its not that easy to notice if you constantly use the mod and change batteries.
    To me it only became obvious the first time when I left a mod in a bag for a week and the batt was below 2,7V after...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread