Mod battery drain issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarkc

Nov 18, 2017
Coming to you guys asking for help, in case anyone else experienced this problem. I own an Evic Primo 2.0, received it barely 3 months ago and a few weeks ago it started giving me battery drain issues. It doesn't matter if I turn it off or if I don't use it, it'll keep draining the batteries. At first I thought it was because of the batteries, but I have 4 batteries and 3 of them are brand new that I bought together with the mod, so they're as old as the mod. I switched batteries and the drain kept happening, so one night before going to sleep I took the batteries out of the mod and put them in again in the morning and they still kept the same charge, so it's definitely my Evic Primo draining the batteries out.

It's a dual battery mod, and the batteries I use are all the same (Samsung 18650 30Q), all of them bought through fasttech. Thing is that I applied for the warranty but they start counting once the package is shipped and not once it is received, so when the problem appeared it was already out of the 90 days warranty.

Also, I changed the software to AF but since it's a hardware problem it didn't fix anything. Is there a way to fix this?

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, you could try warrantying it but I'd think most banks and CC companies might take issue with a warranty starting before the product arrived, most electronic equipment arrives with a warranty card that you send in to the manufacturer when you receive it so they might have sympathy to your situation, if various fixes don't work. It seems crazy to me that they started counting the warranty from the day of the order if it took a long time to arrive.

Hopefully it will be a simple fix, though. I don't have that mod so I don't have much to offer I'm afraid.

Anna

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Thing is that I applied for the warranty but they start counting once the package is shipped and not once it is received, so when the problem appeared it was already out of the 90 days warranty.

That's weird. Fasttech has never done that with me. The warranty has always been counted from when I received the order.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I'm sorry to hear that. So, they're offering a 30 day warranty then (OK, I exaggerate, but only slightly.) I usually buy tanks from FT, I can tell immediately if there's something wrong, I don't believe I've ever ordered a mod from there.... I hope you find a replacement more quickly that you can live with, and that's just a shame.... :( It is one of the downsides to ordering from China, I found that one out with Gearbest where in their TOS, if your address is wrong, they will not help you at all. They get their gear back (hmm... perhaps that's why the name) and you get to pay for making a mistake.

Don't get me wrong, companies can put whatever they want in their TOS, (which I now read carefully) and it was my error. Since I am error prone (I will often reverse numbers and etc.) I don't order from them after that one time. I can respect their TOS, they can respect my knowledge that I'm error prone so won't ever be using them again. :( I guess it's the cost of doing business sometimes.... :(

I hope you wind up with a better outcome next. Sometimes it is worth buying in the US and getting that better customer service....

Anna

Reactions: puffon

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Coming to you guys asking for help, in case anyone else experienced this problem. I own an Evic Primo 2.0, received it barely 3 months ago and a few weeks ago it started giving me battery drain issues. It doesn't matter if I turn it off or if I don't use it, it'll keep draining the batteries. At first I thought it was because of the batteries, but I have 4 batteries and 3 of them are brand new that I bought together with the mod, so they're as old as the mod. I switched batteries and the drain kept happening, so one night before going to sleep I took the batteries out of the mod and put them in again in the morning and they still kept the same charge, so it's definitely my Evic Primo draining the batteries out.

It's a dual battery mod, and the batteries I use are all the same (Samsung 18650 30Q), all of them bought through fasttech. Thing is that I applied for the warranty but they start counting once the package is shipped and not once it is received, so when the problem appeared it was already out of the 90 days warranty.

Also, I changed the software to AF but since it's a hardware problem it didn't fix anything. Is there a way to fix this?

We're talking about vaping time decreasing, not the gauge on the device being lower than expected, correct?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread