Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
You need 3.7v RCR123a's. The blue Powerizers Mike sells on his site work GREAT. I have three pairs I rotate. These are unprotected bats, and if you feel better using protected bats in it, Mike has tested several and found them to work well.

tested as GOOD

AW 750 Mah black
Trustfire 1,000 mah white
Trusfire 880 mah darker blue

I would advise against going out and buying the cheapest protected or unprotected bats you can find online. The battery industry is rife with counterfeiting. Mike currently sells the Powerizers on the notcigs site at a very fair price. I also believe that he is going to start selling protected bats in the future to help comply with the newer safety guidelines.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

arkador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
Ya, he said he will be offering Trustfire (If i recall correctly) protected batteries. they will be about the same price, and offer about 90% of the capacity. (You have to give something up to get the protection circuit in them)

I also have 3 sets of powerizers that I rotate. I have never been able to fine any story indicating any type of failure of any notcigs product in regards to the batteries. I'll be sticking with the powerizers.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Icr are cobalt, higher mah, available with protection circuitry.

imr are manganese, no protection circuitry option, can drive quite high current safely.

For boost vv, single battery, pv, like the Provari or lavatube, imr is key. For buck vv, two batteries, including all notcigs products, icr is also fine. The notcigs pv have current limiting electronics, short circuit protection, and a diode "fuse" that will pop if it goes too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread