Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You can use the battery of your choice and some of Aspire's batteries are good. You really just need to tailor your vaping style to the batteries you get. You also want to make sure you are buying from reputable vendors (you can also find this information on Mooch's chart which unfortunately I am also terrible at linking. Someone will be along shortly I am fairly sure.

Anna

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hello. I just received my Aspire kit but there are no batteries. The booklet states I need the Aspire 18650 batteries. Can I use any brand or does it have to be Aspire?

Hi virginiagardenia. Welcome to the ECF.

The short Answer is Yes n' No and No. Yes you can use Other batteries but No some are Not Recommended. Aspire Batteries are OK. But you don't have to use them.

The Link that somecomputerguy link to is a Great Source. Also, where you Buy your Batteries is Very Important Also. Because there are a Ton of Knock-Offs and Re-Wrapped Batteries out there.

Not sure where you are Located? But here is a List of Reputable Battery Sellers...

Some Good Vendors
18650.uk
18650batterystore.com
akkuteile.de
batterybro.com
ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk
fogstar.co.uk
illumn.com
imrbatteries.com
liionwholesale.com
orbtronic.com
rtdvapor.com

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
As well as the link to Mooch up above what you're going to be looking for is called a flat top battery. I usually use a place called imrbatteries or 18 650 battery store but there are other legitimate places. In the US you're not going to want to go to a place like eBay or even Amazon for Batteries because you need it to be a decent battery and not something that says it's a Sony battery but really isn't and is actually meant for things that require a lot less power than a mod. I'm not a battery expert by any stretch of the imagination but before you make a purchase you should probably share a link on the site this forum and get people's opinion on whether or not that's a good choice and you should find out very quickly whether it's okay or not

Last edited:

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
There are better batteries than Aspire, and they'll work fine in your mod.

Here's a good introduction and guide to selecting a battery for vaping:

(9) Battery Basics for Mods; the Ultimate Battery Guide | E-Cigarette Forum

18650 batteries have a rating called CDR (continuous discharge rating). It's listed in amps, so it'll be something like "600 mA" or "20 A". Note that many manufacturers and sellers lie about CDR, so it's best to check your battery model's CDR somewhere neutral like Mooch's site, which others have linked to.

A battery's CDR will determine what wattage you can vape at with relative safety. The 'rule of thumb' calculation is:

3 x CDR x the number of batteries in your mod = maximum wattage to use

So, for a 20 A battery in a one-battery mod:
3 x 20 x 1 = 60 w

For 15 A batteries in a two-battery mod:
3 x 15 x 2 = 90 w

A 600 mA battery in a one-battery mod:
3 x 0.6 x 1 = 1.8 w - In other words, this isn't a battery you'd ever want to use for vaping.

Good luck, and if you have any more questions, always feel free to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread