Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
USB isn't a necessity, it would just give me more options; I think I've seen a few with a car cig lighter plug option-that would make it somewhat portable.

The pila charger I linked to above has the option of buying a car adapter for it........ And as much as I can gather, this seems to be one of the very best chargers on the market these days....... :)

zzooti

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2011
Brunswick, Maine
I checked the links-the Pila looks pretty good, although they didn't give much info on it; they didn't list 18350 or 16340 batteries, but as Ratchet said it comes with a spacer, so one could assume.....

The Xtar also looks like a good unit; the review was a little too technical for me, but I think I got the gist of it-I don't understand the usb port function though; it says you have to have a battery in one of the slots for the usb port to work, but they don't really explain how it works-does the battery merely complete the circuit, or does the battery actually power the usb port, even if its unplugged? If the battery actually does power the usb port, that would be a handy feature-I could charge, say, my cell phone or my Inferno when I'm away from a plug.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

D. Waterhouse

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
central WI USA
I checked the links-the Pila looks pretty good, although they didn't give much info on it; they didn't list 18350 or 16340 batteries, but as Ratchet said it comes with a spacer, so one could assume.....

The Xtar also looks like a good unit; the review was a little too technical for me, but I think I got the gist of it-I don't understand the usb port function though; it says you have to have a battery in one of the slots for the usb port to work, but they don't really explain how it works-does the battery merely complete the circuit, or does the battery actually power the usb port, even if its unplugged? If the battery actually does power the usb port, that would be a handy feature-I could charge, say, my cell phone or my Inferno when I'm away from a plug.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Yep , the battery powers the USB port.

ScottGChi

Verified Member
Feb 12, 2012
Chicago
Definitely agree with zzooti about the MP2. I've got one since I use mostly 18350 and 16340 bats and I was tired of adding and removing spacers in my WP2. It uses a USB cable and I think it was GeekGirl that did a review on it saying it was actually better than the Pila since it has better overcharge protection. Clouds of Vapor has it on sale for like 10 bucks now.

http://www.cloudsofvapor.com/store/127-new-at-cov/1186-xtar-mp2-charger.html?keyword=xtar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread