Battery door screws in

Status
Not open for further replies.

j122068

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Ravenden springs AR
That's a tough one. I really can't think of one. :(

Hopefully someone will be along @evan le'garde ? You got da list. Did you run into one?

It's s great idea actually the "Screw in" door on single battery mods can be so reliable.
Anna
Every bottom hinge I've used the door gets loose and looses contact and I thought the aegis legend would be cool, being tough but there's a bottom door. I may just have to find a good side door mod again.

Reactions: stols001

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
That's a tough one. I really can't think of one. :(

Hopefully someone will be along @evan le'garde ? You got da list. Did you run into one?

It's s great idea actually the "Screw in" door on single battery mods can be so reliable.
Anna

Yes Anna, the Pioneer4you "IPV 3" 150 watt box mod dual 18650. I have one, coincidentally !. Haven't used it in ages, but as i recall the door screws on with two hex head screws. Screwdriver supplied in the box.

• Informative

j122068

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Ravenden springs AR
Yes Anna, the Pioneer4you "IPV 3" 150 watt box mod dual 18650. I have one, coincidentally !. Haven't used it in ages, but as i recall the door screws on with two hex head screws. Screwdriver supplied in the box.
Thanks for the info! Do you know of a mod where the bat doors are are like plugs you screw in like the Aegis? Do you think I'd enjoy the Aegis when I'm used to two 18650s? I vape dual twisted 24g at .1ohm at 85w

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Thanks for the info! Do you know of a mod where the bat doors are are like plugs you screw in like the Aegis? Do you think I'd enjoy the Aegis when I'm used to two 18650s? I vape dual twisted 24g at .1ohm at 85w

Coil resistance is irrelevant when it comes to battery life with a regulated device. Your wattage is what matters, and 85 to 90 watts with a single battery is not going to give you much run time. Best to stick with dual battery devices.

Own 2 Aegis Legends that have been in use daily for the better part of a year, no issues with the door. Perhaps you received a faulty one, or perhaps there is something within your routine that is causing the failure.

j122068

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Ravenden springs AR
Coil resistance is irrelevant when it comes to battery life with a regulated device. Your wattage is what matters, and 85 to 90 watts with a single battery is not going to give you much run time. Best to stick with dual battery devices.

Own 2 Aegis Legends that have been in use daily for the better part of a year, no issues with the door. Perhaps you received a faulty one, or perhaps there is something within your routine that is causing the failure.

Just thought I'd give stats because people ask for them. The aegis legends door does ware out, they sell replacement pieces for when it does. I don't own one and decided against it once I seen the door.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Just thought I'd give stats because people ask for them. The aegis legends door does ware out, they sell replacement pieces for when it does. I don't own one and decided against it once I seen the door.

Ok, cool.

There have a been just a handful of reports of broken doors with the Legend but we have to consider the amount of units sold vs failures – The Legend enjoys a pretty low failure rate. Can’t speak for wear. One of my Legends is going onto 2 years old now, the other just over a year. Both work fine and are used daily. Wear can also affect screw in battery caps – run the risk of cross threading.

As for a dual cell device with screw in battery caps…that is going to be rare. I haven’t seen anything outside dual cell mech box mods.

You could also look into devices that employ magnetic doors. But at 80 to 90 watts, I’d stick with dual cell or more devices

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013

Squid Industries "Double Barrel V3" 150 watt, 2 18650 batteries. Really nice simple design and i like the display placement.

As for screw in plug style battery doors i can't think of any off the top of my head, sorry !.

• Agree

j122068

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Ravenden springs AR
Ok, cool.

There have a been just a handful of reports of broken doors with the Legend but we have to consider the amount of units sold vs failures – The Legend enjoys a pretty low failure rate. Can’t speak for wear. One of my Legends is going onto 2 years old now, the other just over a year. Both work fine and are used daily. Wear can also affect screw in battery caps – run the risk of cross threading.

As for a dual cell device with screw in battery caps…that is going to be rare. I haven’t seen anything outside dual cell mech box mods.

You could also look into devices that employ magnetic doors. But at 80 to 90 watts, I’d stick with dual cell or more devices
I'm glad to hear your door hasn't failed in two years. I might reconsider my position but with my paranoia Id still buy extra doors lol. It is cool their door is fixable. I have the topside dual and I have to keep a ruber band around it. I've had it since launch. I would rather have a two battery mod that's for sure.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I'm glad to hear your door hasn't failed in two years. I might reconsider my position but with my paranoia Id still buy extra doors lol. It is cool their door is fixable. I have the topside dual and I have to keep a ruber band around it. I've had it since launch. I would rather have a two battery mod that's for sure.

I think Geekvape offering replacement doors is more toward their excellent customer satisfaction than their poor quality. Accidents happen, doors can break. Not many companies offer replacement parts, regardless of their quality. But given GV does offer replacement doors, perhaps that can be selling point to you. I know I am not alone by saying the Legend is a great device.

j122068

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Ravenden springs AR
Squid Industries "Double Barrel V3" 150 watt, 2 18650 batteries. Really nice simple design and i like the display placement.

As for screw in plug style battery doors i can't think of any off the top of my head, sorry !.
I have always liked the look of that double barrel

j122068

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Ravenden springs AR
I think Geekvape offering replacement doors is more toward their excellent customer satisfaction than their poor quality. Accidents happen, doors can break. Not many companies offer replacement parts, regardless of their quality. But given GV does offer replacement doors, perhaps that can be selling point to you. I know I am not alone by saying the Legend is a great device.
It's really helpful to hear a review of a product after years of use thanks

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
The old Vapor flask used a dual screw/plug battery cover, but it's a VW device. It is however a very tasty looking mod, even now.

0EKOVQ1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread