Suggestions for a small DNA mod that won't fall apart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstevanus

May 18, 2010
Saginaw, MI
My eVic VTC battery door magnets fell out, then the eVic VTwo magents did the same. Now, my smok Alien battery door barely stays closed. I'm determinted to find a well constructed mod that won't fall apart, and is fairly small like these. I think a dna mod would make it even better. The best I've found for the money so far is the sbody C2D1 DNA75. It's $35 on eFun HERE, but I'd rather pay a little more to get it from a reliable seller. Since I only vape around 40w, it seems like the DNA75 or 75c would be all I need. I found a Wismec Reuleaux DNA250 on sale, from a US shipper for $66 HERE, although it's quite a bit bigger. But some reviews said there are issues with the battery door being hard to close too.

I think the mods with battery screw covers would be the strongest. Just found a SBody Legend DNA75 75W and HCigar VT75 75W, each for $70, both with the screw cap.

C1D2:

Wismec:

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w Reliable manufacturer, high marks with reviewers and owners.

upload_2018-2-9_15-46-15.jpeg
images

I have both the 22mm black and 25mm sandstone. The sandstone has a more durable finish.

Last edited:

jstevanus

May 18, 2010
Saginaw, MI
JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w Reliable manufacturer, high marks with reviewers and owners.

View attachment 718833
images

I have both the 22mm black and 25mm sandstone. The sandstone has a more durable finish.

Thanks! I do keep seeing that Jac mod mentioned a lot for a durable, small dna75. The cheapest I've found it for is $95. What do you think of the HCigar VT75? That one is $70 on Fasttech.

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thanks! I do keep seeing that Jac mod mentioned a lot for a durable, small dna75. The cheapest I've found it for is $95. What do you think of the HCigar VT75? That one is $70 on Fasttech.
Never used or seen one. The JAC is the first DNA mod I've owned. I purchased it based on the great comments of my Provari friends who own a JAC and the stellar reviews on You Tube. Bought a second one for my son for Christmas. Worth every penny IMHO.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm going to have to disagree on Anna's Wismec suggestion. The cheap build, wiring, and 510 connector are the same as on the inexpensive RX200, which is not bad for a budget mod, but far from the build quality to expect at that price. The Jac is well respected. Your should also look at offerings from Lost Vape and Think Vape.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm going to have to disagree on Anna's Wismec suggestion. The cheap build, wiring, and 510 connector are the same as on the inexpensive RX200, which is not bad for a budget mod, but far from the build quality to expect at that price. The Jac is well respected. Your should also look at offerings from Lost Vape and Think Vape.
I have the non-DNA Wisemic RX200. I had to replace it after 1 year of use because the 510 connector became wonky.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I have the non-DNA Wisemic RX200. I had to replace it after 1 year of use because the 510 connector became wonky.

I have a 200S. Doesn't get daily use and is fine for the money. But I'd hate to pay $140 for a DNA mod built to the same standards. At least with brands like Jac and LV they do put extra effort in rather than take a stock miss and swap in a DNA board then charge a premium on top of it.

As to Wismec they have had a sketchy history with QC, but I do have both the 200S and a Presa 100 and have had no issues with them. But I understand that the price point is not one I expect 10 years of reliability from.

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
I also have 2 wismecs, one(rx75) died after about a month, the other(rx200) still going strong after about a year and a half(bought it first and its durability influenced me to purchase the 75 for pocketability). However you mentioned the magnets falling off, a couple of the magnets fell off the 200 after maybe 2 months, I just glued them back on, no problems since. Of course my daily driver is now a evic mini. Next time I'm in the market I will probably be going with the jac. So if you're in the market, I would definitely be looking at that one.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I put some crazy glue on my magnets and the VTC mini is as good as the day I bought it.
OP: buy some crazy glue at the $ store. "Fix" the "broken" devices.

It's like a car, sure the ashtray is full and the gas tank empty, but the car isn't "Totaled". No reason to just throw money around, unless it makes you feel better.

Cheers
I

Last edited:

VapNMirrors

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2015
currently, Earth
I concur Wismec is fair at best in quality and reliability, in general and at the price point. I think the exception is the eLeaf gear. It's better built than the other Joyetech products. Pico's for example, best thing they've built.

I've seen some SXMini deals while trolling around, older S Class cheap as $80, M Class for $100. Those are older but beautiful mods exceptionally built. See some nice sales now too on newer models and that's pretty rare. $50 off G Class if you're funded and opt 2 cells.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread