Not open for further replies.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Greetings and Salutation

First off the reason why i said this mod i am going cross eyed with all the different names out there for the same product....i mean there is the shinning star, nova star, Lavatube, R-Rider, Knight Rider, Lambo, vap stick.....ARGH!!!!! make them stop!

Sorry, i had to uncross my eyes and have a few sips of coffee, and a few pulls on some water melon now, that being all said, i have three of these batteries And yes i know they are generic......but i have a few questions, as you ask three people and you get ten answers from people who do not know much about them......and yes it is the version 2

1) What IS the best charger for them? I lost (ok, stepped on and broke) the original charger, i have a Xtar WP 6 II, and a trust fire tr-001, so far i have been using the xtar thus far, but i heard the tr-001 is better?

2) This next question seems to have multiple answers. Some say it is better to charge the batteries around the 3.5V level? others say 3.4V? Others say drain the batteries completely dead? Others say this only goes for AW's and trustfires?

Any idea's and road sign's to get out of confussed ville?

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
:confused: Ok, let me ask this a different way:

When it comes to the Generic batteries of the device, should i charge the batteries when they are at 3.5V again even thought they are the generic type? Also if one does not have the generic charger for the batteries, is it pretty much ok to charge then on the xtar or trustfire tr-001?

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
From Battery University:
"Similar to a mechanical device that wears out faster with heavy use, so also does the depth of discharge (DoD) determine the cycle count. The shorter the discharge (low DoD), the longer the battery will last. If at all possible, avoid full discharges and charge the battery more often between uses. Partial discharge on Li-ion is fine; there is no memory and the battery does not need periodic full discharge cycles to prolong life..."

The Xtar is a very good charger. The TR-001, eh, it works (for as long as it is working).

This is just one of ten answers. :unsure:

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
So it is always a good idea then to charge the batteries around the 3.5V mark correct? I have tried just about everything on there and some works ok lol....the LR Single coil for DCT works nice, LR boges with a cone are great, a LR/SR (2.0 ohm) bridgelesss atty is amazing for dripping, i think it is SR or LR star Dust is fine too, I set it to 4.4V and the battery life is awesome so is the output.

The one dang thing that caught me though and i was not sure off was the best charging habits for the battery, but i think like i said i will adopt a charge then at 3.6V or 3.5V and see how that goes

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
From Battery University:
"Similar to a mechanical device that wears out faster with heavy use, so also does the depth of discharge (DoD) determine the cycle count. The shorter the discharge (low DoD), the longer the battery will last. If at all possible, avoid full discharges and charge the battery more often between uses. Partial discharge on Li-ion is fine; there is no memory and the battery does not need periodic full discharge cycles to prolong life..."

The Xtar is a very good charger. The TR-001, eh, it works (for as long as it is working).

This is just one of ten answers. :unsure:

Thank you :D I guess i was curios on these being the generic 18650's that come with whatever this mod is supposed to be officially called, if the same frequent charging schedule would apply, which i am guessing it does :confused:

so 3.6? 3.5? 3.7V that is when they should be charged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread