Battery help! Innokin iTaste VTR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azulsky

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2014
GA
I usually vape on my iTaste MVP 2.0. Used it for over a year exclusively and the internal battery seems not to hold a good charge anymore. I am still debating on whether to buy a new MVP, or try something else. So I was discussing this with my FIL, and he gave me his iTaste VTR with two Efest high drain IMR 18650 3.7V 30A 2100 mAh rechargable batteries. I would like to vape longer without having to swap batteries. What would y'all suggest? I visited the website and dl'ed the VTR manual, but it is confusingly vague with all these battery variances.
http://www.innokin.com/manuals/itaste VTR.pdf

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi. I have a VTR, it's only a 15 watt mod. That's probably more battery than that little mod really needs, you can use one with more capacity. Looking at @Mooch 's Battery Selection Chart, the Panasonic NCR 18650B (6.8A, 3400mAh) or the Panasonic NCR 18650GA (10A, 3300mAh) should fit the bill. Both of these are available online at Orbtronic (18650GA)(18650B) and this is a trustworthy vendor. Either of those batteries should give you about 1.5 times as much life as the 2100mAh batteries you are using.

Reactions: Azulsky

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Since your maximum power is lower than some other mods you can use the lower current rated, high capacity batteries that are available like the Samsung 30Q and LG HG2. They are rated at 3000mAh and can handle up to 50W without problems.

Purchase them from a known reliable source, like Illumn.com - Flashlights, Batteries, Carry Gear, Intelligent LED Lighting, and More! or Authentic AW Batteries - RTD Vapor so, you're sure to get genuine batteries.

[edit] forgot about the Panasonics @suprtrkr, good call!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread