Battery Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior to me finding this forum I ordered a couple of Ultrafire 18650 XSL 2600mah Protected Button Top Rechargeable Lithium Battery Li-Ion for a mechanical mod. I just received them yesterday but am hesitant to use them now because of all the negative stories I've read here about *fire anything. I don't plan on going sub-ohm with the coils, but rather stay between the 1-1.5 range for a dual coil wrap in a Nimbus. It also sounds like dual coil stresses a battery out in addition to falling below the 1 ohm mark. Should I try sell these batteries and not even waste my time with them?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Any battery with the name "XXX- Fire" in it will be a second class battery. Not recommended for a mod.

This was the last so-called "protected" battery that I have ever used. Only AW IMR batteries from hense-forth.

Trustfire2.jpg

Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/129569-rechargeable-batteries.html

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Prior to me finding this forum I ordered a couple of Ultrafire 18650 XSL 2600mah Protected Button Top Rechargeable Lithium Battery Li-Ion for a mechanical mod. I just received them yesterday but am hesitant to use them now because of all the negative stories I've read here about *fire anything. I don't plan on going sub-ohm with the coils, but rather stay between the 1-1.5 range for a dual coil wrap in a Nimbus. It also sounds like dual coil stresses a battery out in addition to falling below the 1 ohm mark. Should I try sell these batteries and not even waste my time with them?

When I first began vaping I used cheap TrustFire batts in my Mech Mod. They failed. Wouldn't touch anything with word Fire in it cuz quite literally that what they almost caused in my home- fortunately I was present when they failed on the charger. Another point- make sure you have a quality charger- TrustFire chargers take a long time and are not to be trusted. Quality chargers cut the charge time down and are more safer to use. Here's a reasonably priced quality charger:
http://www.nitecore.com/productDetail.aspx?id=52

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread