Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi! That's a good question. I have a Snow Wolf-- V1-- and it's a super machine. I use Sony VTC4s in it exclusively. I recommend you buy batteries in pairs and "marry" them, always using and charging them at the same time. This is true for any two battery mod. However, I mostly use the VTC4s because I am also a mech modder and those are my preferred batteries for mechs and I don't like different types laying around. In general, the Sony VTC4s are native 20 amp batteries, but can be used to 30 amps (at the price of shortening their lives) without dangerous overheating. That's why they're my mech mod battery. If you think you will routinely use your SW over 100 watts, these are the batteries I suggest. If you think you will mostly stay under 100 watts-- most people do, the vape gets pretty hot over about 70-- there are more and better choices. The Samsung 25Rs, the LG HE2s and HE4s, are all solid 20 amp batteries with 2500 mAh capacity, which is 400 mAh greater than the Sonys. That means the batteries will last longer before going flat. They'll be a bit higher, but the LG HG2s are also 20 amp batteries for under 100 watts usage, and they have 3000 mAh so will last even longer.

We've got a great guy here on the board, @Mooch , who is a EE and works with batteries for a living. He has published a vape battery selection chart, to which I commend your attention. That chart is where I got the info I just told you. You might also look up @Baditude 's blog; he's got some excellent advice on this subject. The SW is a regulated mod, and it's supposed to keep the user out of trouble. If you will buy any of the batteries I have named, you should have trouble free use. One caveat: batteries are often counterfeited. Buy them from a reputable vendor. Among these are Orbtronic, Illumn, and RTDVapor.

Do you have a charger? If not, think Xtar, Nitecore, or Efest Luc. They come in several models, two or four bay, with various bells and whistles. Those can be safely bought online, unlike the batteries. It may also be possible for you to find a bundle deal at one of the suppliers I linked, a charger and a pair or two pair of batteries, for a bundle price and save a few bucks. FWIW, I suggest 2 pair; that way you can use the one while the other is charging. If you have any more questions, like or quote this post, the system will notify me, and I'll come back to the thread.

Vapeluv1010

May 28, 2015
Hi! That's a good question. I have a Snow Wolf-- V1-- and it's a super machine. I use Sony VTC4s in it exclusively. I recommend you buy batteries in pairs and "marry" them, always using and charging them at the same time. This is true for any two battery mod. However, I mostly use the VTC4s because I am also a mech modder and those are my preferred batteries for mechs and I don't like different types laying around. In general, the Sony VTC4s are native 20 amp batteries, but can be used to 30 amps (at the price of shortening their lives) without dangerous overheating. That's why they're my mech mod battery. If you think you will routinely use your SW over 100 watts, these are the batteries I suggest. If you think you will mostly stay under 100 watts-- most people do, the vape gets pretty hot over about 70-- there are more and better choices. The Samsung 25Rs, the LG HE2s and HE4s, are all solid 20 amp batteries with 2500 mAh capacity, which is 400 mAh greater than the Sonys. That means the batteries will last longer before going flat. They'll be a bit higher, but the LG HG2s are also 20 amp batteries for under 100 watts usage, and they have 3000 mAh so will last even longer.

We've got a great guy here on the board, @Mooch , who is a EE and works with batteries for a living. He has published a vape battery selection chart, to which I commend your attention. That chart is where I got the info I just told you. You might also look up @Baditude 's blog; he's got some excellent advice on this subject. The SW is a regulated mod, and it's supposed to keep the user out of trouble. If you will buy any of the batteries I have named, you should have trouble free use. One caveat: batteries are often counterfeited. Buy them from a reputable vendor. Among these are Orbtronic, Illumn, and RTDVapor.

Do you have a charger? If not, think Xtar, Nitecore, or Efest Luc. They come in several models, two or four bay, with various bells and whistles. Those can be safely bought online, unlike the batteries. It may also be possible for you to find a bundle deal at one of the suppliers I linked, a charger and a pair or two pair of batteries, for a bundle price and save a few bucks. FWIW, I suggest 2 pair; that way you can use the one while the other is charging. If you have any more questions, like or quote this post, the system will notify me, and I'll come back to the thread.
Do You recommend Any 18650s Efest batteries?

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Do You recommend Any 18650s Efest batteries?
I do not. Efests are re-wrapped batteries, meaning Efest doesn't make them. The problem with re-wraps is you can't know what actual battery is under the wrap. They buy them and put their wrap on them. You might get a good one. Or maybe you got a b-bin or even a c-bin reject one of the Big 4 made but didn't put their label on. I won't accuse Efest of this, but some of the fly-by-night people buy used laptop power paks and rob the batteries, wrap them, and sell them as new. It's a minefield and I don't recommend you walk in it. I will further mention Efest is famous for overrating their batteries. There ain't no such thing as a 35 amp CDR 18650 that is commonly available-- Mooch tells me there are some specialty cells but tough to get-- and don't cost in the hundreds of dollars each. Efest likes to use the pulse rating-- which really might be 35 amps-- but those pulses are measured in microseconds and are meaningless for vape draws several seconds long. CDR (continuous discharge rating) is what you need to look at and it is always lower than pulse rating.

All that said, Mooch also rates several of the Efest batteries on his chart, and I have used them. I just won't take them over 10 amps, and I would not put them in a machine as powerful as the SW. As I said, you never know what actual battery is under there.

Bubsmash

Nov 22, 2015
Myself I would stick with a Nitecore charger and go with Panasonic or LG batteries. Efest batteries are hyped all up and there battery wrapping is cheap but you pay for the name type a thing. I have a very sour taste in my mouth with anything Efest as I bought a brand new Sigelei 150W TC. Bought two Efest 18650s to go into it and I already have a dead cell battery out of the two 18650's that go into my device only after eight charges. The wrapping on one on the positive side where the black ring sits well in due to there crap wrapping it fell off. I am very careful with my batteries as well as my device and both have not been dropped neither the batteries or the device itself. You can take my word for it or go check out some Efest batteries but if you can find some Panasonics or LGs to compare the wrapping job do it and you will see for yourself the plastic wrapping on the Efest are far less inferior to the Panasonics and LGs and they will not fall apart on you after eight charges. As for the Snowwolf I hear it is a pretty nice device but do not know too much about it other than hearing some pretty good things about it on this forum as well as some reviews I have seen on Youtube and on the internet.

Vapeluv1010

May 28, 2015
I do not. Efests are re-wrapped batteries, meaning Efest doesn't make them. The problem with re-wraps is you can't know what actual battery is under the wrap. They buy them and put their wrap on them. You might get a good one. Or maybe you got a b-bin or even a c-bin reject one of the Big 4 made but didn't put their label on. I won't accuse Efest of this, but some of the fly-by-night people buy used laptop power paks and rob the batteries, wrap them, and sell them as new. It's a minefield and I don't recommend you walk in it. I will further mention Efest is famous for overrating their batteries. There ain't no such thing as a 35 amp CDR 18650 that is commonly available-- Mooch tells me there are some specialty cells but tough to get-- and don't cost in the hundreds of dollars each. Efest likes to use the pulse rating-- which really might be 35 amps-- but those pulses are measured in microseconds and are meaningless for vape draws several seconds long. CDR (continuous discharge rating) is what you need to look at and it is always lower than pulse rating.

All that said, Mooch also rates several of the Efest batteries on his chart, and I have used them. I just won't take them over 10 amps, and I would not put them in a machine as powerful as the SW. As I said, you never know what actual battery is under there.
So in Your Opinion What are the best suitiable in my situation including Temp control ?

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
So in Your Opinion What are the best suitiable in my situation including Temp control ?
If you think you will routinely be over 100 watts, the Sony VTC4s. Under that, the Samsungs or any of the LG parts. FWIW, I never get over 100 watts in mine. It's too hot. And in TC mode, it's going to pulse anyway, so the lower amp batteries should be fine.

Bubsmash

Nov 22, 2015
Suprtrkr what do you think is the hottest you have gone with your vape? Myself the most I have gone with my 150W TC is 45W which is about 5.4V on my device and at that temp I have troubles doing a vape off of it for anymore than like 20 seconds as it starts to burn the roof of my mouth with my Sense Herakles.
I bought these batteries today from my local vape shop: LG 18650 2500mAh & 3000mAh Battery
There the brown ones I have and they do just fine. If you think you are going to use the full Pulsed 200W of power go right ahead I am sure you will be in for a Volcanic experience. I only bought my 150W because I got tired of charging batteries every day. Now I can vape where I normally sit around 23w to 35W and be good for three days.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Suprtrkr what do you think is the hottest you have gone with your vape? Myself the most I have gone with my 150W TC is 45W which is about 5.4V on my device and at that temp I have troubles doing a vape off of it for anymore than like 20 seconds as it starts to burn the roof of my mouth with my Sense Herakles.
I bought these batteries today from my local vape shop: LG 18650 2500mAh & 3000mAh Battery
There the brown ones I have and they do just fine. If you think you are going to use the full Pulsed 200W of power go right ahead I am sure you will be in for a Volcanic experience. I only bought my 150W because I got tired of charging batteries every day. Now I can vape where I normally sit around 23w to 35W and be good for three days.
Oh, my :)

The day I got my Snow Wolf I was the happiest dude on the planet. I started back in the day when if you wanted more than 15 watts you had to go mechanical and, since I like one battery tube mods and was scared to go much below .5 on them, I had never vaped above 35 watts before. So the mighty Snow Wolf arrived, and I quickly coiled up my Dark Horse at a scary .3 ohms, filled 'er up, and set the SW for a conservative (I thought) 100 watts. I took a pull and... my lips vulcanized to the drip tip, my throat lining was seared, the vapor hit my lungs like WMD and I coughed for about 10 minutes straight, after which I had a nose bleed, crossed eyes, vertigo and had vapor streaming from every pore. I thought it was an aberration so, fool that I am, I tried it again. I believe it was Einstein who observed insanity is repeating the experiment and expecting a different result, and he was right. Since that minute, I've never has it above 70 watts. :danger:

Bubsmash

Nov 22, 2015
Vapeluv1010 you see this :)
Oh, my :)

The day I got my Snow Wolf I was the happiest dude on the planet. I started back in the day when if you wanted more than 15 watts you had to go mechanical and, since I like one battery tube mods and was scared to go much below .5 on them, I had never vaped above 35 watts before. So the mighty Snow Wolf arrived, and I quickly coiled up my Dark Horse at a scary .3 ohms, filled 'er up, and set the SW for a conservative (I thought) 100 watts. I took a pull and... my lips vulcanized to the drip tip, my throat lining was seared, the vapor hit my lungs like WMD and I coughed for about 10 minutes straight, after which I had a nose bleed, crossed eyes, vertigo and had vapor streaming from every pore. I thought it was an aberration so, fool that I am, I tried it again. I believe it was Einstein who observed insanity is repeating the experiment and expecting a different result, and he was right. Since that minute, I've never has it above 70 watts. :danger:

That is the point I wanted to make here. Basically the Snow Wolf right now is the Ferrari of the vape World. Is it of usage? Not really but it will do anything you want which is why I have my Sigelei 150W TC. I have never used it to its full potential and I probably never will. It all depends on what you want to do with it. Myself in a couple more months here I might switch over into the rebuild able coil stuff. Still looking for a good starter tank set up for myself. I do not really want to go drip yet.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Vapeluv1010 you see this :)

That is the point I wanted to make here. Basically the Snow Wolf right now is the Ferrari of the vape World. Is it of usage? Not really but it will do anything you want which is why I have my Sigelei 150W TC. I have never used it to its full potential and I probably never will. It all depends on what you want to do with it. Myself in a couple more months here I might switch over into the rebuild able coil stuff. Still looking for a good starter tank set up for myself. I do not really want to go drip yet.
There it is. Some people routinely vape over 100 watts, but I am not one, and I don't know many. FWIW, I have been rebuilding a good long while now, so I have two recommendations: It's a lot easier to coil a dripper than a tank because there's more room. This makes them easier to learn on and you can buy a good quality clone Dark Horse for 10 bucks. And, for a starter tank, let me recommend the Lemo2. Single coil, easy to build and very flexible. However, if you like very high VG juices or really low builds and high watts, you'll probably have to mod the juice channels bigger so it wicks fast enough. Still, for anything up to .4 ohms and 30ish watts, she'll blow your doors off. I used to vape them at .5 and 17-20 watts and blew semi-cloud all day.

Reactions: IMFire3605

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Reactions: Baditude

Bubsmash

Nov 22, 2015
Yeah that is the problem I go for flavor and I do not really care for blowing big clouds but do know how to. I am a massive flavor chaser. If you ever get a chance try out Decoded bigfoot Mini Donut. I found with this one especially if you vape it around 22 to 25W it gives lots of cinamon but if you turn it up around 36 it gives more of a donut flavor with more less a hint of cinamon. To me that is cooler than blowing big clouds.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Ive looking to invest in a Snow Wolf 200 v1.5 and Im stuck On What kind of batterys to buy. Im Also stuck on what batteries are the safest for temp control such as amp properties Any help? THANKS GUYS☺

Avoid Efest like the plague.

I am a fan ofvSamsung 25 r
Have heard good things about LG, Sony, and Panasonic.

Look for 1NR on the battery. Also try to get flat top batteries. Some mods like my Eleaf istick60tc the batteries with the raised top are too long to fit in my mod.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

Your suggestion to get two pairs of batteries is great advice. Nothing worse than needing a nic hit when your batteries are dead because you will find your feet on the way to get a pack of Stinkies.

My mod uses one battery and I got two pairs. Means these backups, and two of them Are always charged.

Reactions: suprtrkr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread