battery help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zellgadiss

Feb 9, 2010
Summerville, SC
I've got a 10440 that I got a week and a halfish ago and last weekend it wouldn't hold a charge anymore and pretty much died. Before that it died and charged back up just fine.

I'm not sure if this could've caused it, but two things happened to it. The first thing is that I accidently hit it with the saudering iron 8-o This melted the plastic in one little spot. It still worked after that, but not ruling it out as the cause.

The second thing is that the spring on the negative battery connection was cut with a pair of pliers, this seems to have put a little groove in it when I twisted it one time.

Anyway, I have two of them and the other one works perfectly, but I'm wondering if there's any way to fix this broken one. I have a multimeter and it's not reading anything.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Looks like a good time for some learning if you're up for it.. The negaitve post is actually atached to a small circuit board that is attached to the bottom of the battery.. Since it's dead anyway, peal off the covering and take a peek.. I betcha the actual lithium cell is still good but the protection board has gotten shorted to the bottom contact..

One other thing that is happening more frequently lately is that the plastic covering that covers the flat wire that goes from the bottom of the batt to the top gets knicked, scratched or whatever and exposes the metal wire to the side of a metal mod.. That can also take out the protection board or cause a battery to heat up...

If you do it and pry the protection board loose, don't let it flop around with the wire attached as the whole case is ground and the wire is still connected to the top and it'll spark and smoke on you like mine did :)..

Last edited:

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
One thing I`ve also done to the springs when I cut them is take needle nosed pliers and grab right at the tip, then with some other pliers grab the spring now curl the end with a twisting motion on the needle nosed pliers so it will face the sharp end away from the battery.
Some springs are tough but it has always worked after a few good crimps.

Hope this helps in saving those batteries. By the way you are not the first to damage a battery this way. Just within the last week I know of another.
As the mater of fact it has a picture you could see what's under there.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/79788-another-battery-question.html#post1186467

Its in the last post of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread