Status
Not open for further replies.

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
I think you are confirming the points that myself/mamu/DrMA are making.

Also I did throw in "typically" in my statements about c-rating. IMHO high c-rated batteries with high IR probably have false c-ratings.

On the below you are dead wrong. You have to remember we aren't always talking about huge overkill with massive lipos, and that these mods are typically stored in a persons pocket/house/car/etc and used right at a persons face. So while some of this might seem like overkill and any old battery might work, what happens when someone inexperienced grabs a cheapo trustfire battery and sticks it in a mech mod and the button sticks or something while the mod is their pocket, on their dresser, etc???

Higher c rating yes retain the nominal voltage longer than lower c rating but is irrevelant in the vaping world, the diference you will get in this small bateries is not noticable, just use what ever you need to supply the amps you need

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
So what qualifies a pack as being a "Shorty"? The 4200 that BJ got is called a Shorty yet it is 2mm longer than the 6000 I got which wasnt called a Shorty. Noww the CRC bat I looked at earlier at 4200 was only 65mm long, so I get that one being called a Shorty. Is this some type of R/C car standard or something?

And what are "Saddle Packs" and do they hold any interest to us?

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
So what qualifies a pack as being a "Shorty"? The 4200 that BJ got is called a Shorty yet it is 2mm longer than the 6000 I got which wasnt called a Shorty. Noww the CRC bat I looked at earlier at 4200 was only 65mm long, so I get that one being called a Shorty. Is this some type of R/C car standard or something?

I don't believe there are any real standards....I think shorty and saddle packs are basically the same thing. Saddle packs might be sold in matched pairs and intended to run together, they just split them up so they can be moved around easier for better weight distribution.

So I would say saddle packs are of interest especially since they are typically small.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008

Normal 4200 or higher single cell are normally over 120mm. Saddle packs are just two smaller packs wired together used for weight balancing on RC models.:)

That shorty you linked is two 2100 mAh paralleled.

The 6000 is two 3000 mAh paralleled

My 4200 shorty is two 4200 mAh in series 7.4v when paralleled will be 8400 mAh 3.7v...:) 2mm longer but 2400 mAh more....

Comprende!!!!
:toast:

Last edited:

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
When a lipo says 1s means 1 cell in serie, 2s means 2 cells in serie, when say 2s2p means 2 serie of 2 parallel cells, serie means double the volt, parallel double the mah

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes Dax we know....my self and others constructively engaging is this thread also have a lot of RC experience with lipo's (so your not the only RC expert here)....a long with safe use of IMR high drain and lipo's used in e-cig mods (not really interested in any of the garbage cells like trustfires and similar).

But if you took the time to look at the link.....In the picture each saddle pack cell says 7.4v and the description says 2S3P....which neither is accurate.

I understand there is some language things going on, so I'm politely asking you to either engage in this thread constructively or move on.

Last edited:

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
2s3p ?????? 2S3P / 2 Cell / 7.4V (Each)

Yeah I think they fubared the description. They say "2S3P / 2 Cell / 7.4V (Each)" which doesn't make sense by itself....then show a series plug to be used :lol:

Spec.
Capacity: 5600mAh
Voltage: 2S3P / 2 Cell / 7.4V (Each)
Discharge: 65C Constant / 130C Burst
Weight: 132g (Each)
Dimensions: 69x46x25mm (Each)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread