Battery Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
I have looked around here and have seen from others that 2600 mah batteries should be lasting over a day. I currently have the ultrafire 2600 mah batteries and a ultrafire 188 charger. I am barely getting 12 hours out of my batteries before they get sluggish. Not sure if this is a charger issue or a battery issue. I am having this issue with 2 batteries currently. Do I need to change the charger or the batteries or is this time correct? I vape fairly heavily.

Please Help

RedAlert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2010
NJ
I use AW IMR 1600mah and LiIon 2200+2600 mah batts and I can get the 1600 IMRs to 3.7v(what I feel is the "almost empty" voltage) in about 6-7 hours. My 2200 and 2600 ones go a little longer to about 10-12 hours and by that time they feel really weak, but still read around 3.7ish volts. I use 1.5 attys, so I know they are definitely using quite a lot of power. So I'm going to say I am experiencing the same thing you are. An easier way to see if it's close is by the amount of juice you're vaping in that given 12 hour timeframe. In a typical day of vaping my 2200/2600 mah batts go through about 3.5ml of juice.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I have looked around here and have seen from others that 2600 mah batteries should be lasting over a day. I currently have the ultrafire 2600 mah batteries and a ultrafire 188 charger. I am barely getting 12 hours out of my batteries before they get sluggish. Not sure if this is a charger issue or a battery issue. I am having this issue with 2 batteries currently. Do I need to change the charger or the batteries or is this time correct? I vape fairly heavily.

Please Help

The W-188 has 2 settings 3.2 and 3.7V make sure it is on the right one. I know this sounds stupid but I accidently shift mine all the time (because of the selector position) when I plug my charger in.

Some batt specs are inflated, the *fire series is one of them, and yes you should get a day out of a 18650 when new. Rule of thumb 1-1.5 hrs/100mAh. YMMV depending on your vaping style. I vape 4-5ml a day and 18650s (AWs) that are one year old still last me a day.

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
Switch is set to 3.7 and the other is set to 650. Went to put battery on charger and as soon as it went red it turned green. I think one of the batteries is bad. The other seemed to have charged. Maybe I need to try some Aw or trustfire batteries. I am thinking that this is less of a charging issue and more of a battery issue. One thing I have noticed is that when the battery comes fresh off the charger it hits like super strong, then quickly settles to a little less power and stays there. From what I have read, the battery is actually charged higher than 3.7 then the battery drops after a little usage to its voltage. Will have to find that thread.

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
I put both batts on the charger to charge them and one of them charged for hours, the other one turned red then immediately turned green. I unplugged the charger and tried again same result. So I took the battery to my local shop and he plugged it into a cheap simple 3.7 volt 300ma charger and had no trouble with it. He went ahead and replaced the battery to be sure it was not an issue. So now I am really perplexed. Could it be that I had the charger switch set to 650mah instead of 300? I definitely had the voltage set to 3.7. Just to be sure, I went ahead and bought one of the cheap chargers so I at least have a back up and can try and see if it is the charger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread