battery life on 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toadster61

Feb 24, 2011
albuquerque, NM
just a few weeks into our 510 units, my wife uses hers constantly while watching tv, I use mine maybe every half hour for a few drags,,her battery will go out by the end of the night, mine wont, Now is just a few hours of use enough to drain the battery ? She doesnt like the bigger heavier units(ego?) Is there a battery the next step up from the 510 that is similar in size and weight and has a longer life? We are charging her e-cig every night befpre bed, is this normal ? thanks as always for the help

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Battery life is proportional to length or width or both. A standard 510 batt at 180mah lasts about 1 1/2 hours for most people.

A 510 pass through accessory can be charged from a computer USB port and most have the 360mah battery in a little box on the cord. I used to use that when watching TV because it lasted twice as long as the 510 batt. If you don't mind having a thin wire attached to your battery, it can be placed on a side table next to the chair.

Once you get used to the Ego size, you'll think that it is just right. 5-6 hours is average on a charge, maybe 8-12 hours if you vape lightly.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
The length of time a battery will last is going to depend on the mAh rating and how often you use it. The standard eGo battery is 650mAh which roughly translates to around 6.5 hours of use. It might be longer if it isn't in constant use. Standard Riva batteries are 750mAh and mine would last around 8 hours. Sure, you can't dangle them from your mouth very well, but they really aren't that heavy or bulky. Both will fit in the palm of my hand.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Get 510 mega cl batteries and as always I recommend manuals - they are sealed on the end and much safer from juice leaks.

The mega xl batteries are still the same thin diameter but longer, making about 138mm ecig with atty and cart or about 128mm with a standard Boge carto. They use the same charger but need a different longer Mega PCC (though Vaporkings.com sells a mega PCC with an adapter so you can can charge either size battery on the go).

The mega xl batteries give at least 60% more battery charge life. A standard 510 battery is 180mah and gives 2-3 hours charge life, less if vaped heavily and may a bit more if vaped lightly. The mega xl battery is 280mah and gives 3-5 hours charge.

goat29

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
salk lake city, ut
i have been analog free for 31 days now, i also started with a 501 but got tired of recharging 8 or more times a day. i just ordered a big brother from kens box mod. they have 3 or 4 different models with longer bat life that you are looking for, i sugg you look at their site, they are very quick too contact you back with info. for the wife maybe the little sister about the size of a bic lighter. the basic no frills model is about the price of a good 510 starter kit and batt should last 10 or more hrs with med to heavy vaping according to batt rating, just my 2 cents, good luck

Pneathery

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
Surfside Beach SC
I started with a Joye 510, had two batteries, and one would last for 15 minutes, the other for a half an hour, without researching I bought a Joye 510Mega kit for $70 each kit (one for me and o e for the wife, WAY TOO MUCH) and I could ALMOST go two hours with it, so I then went on to the bigger ego type batteries, and can get 6 hours out of them chain vaping, 10 not vaping as hard. Good luck. The Mega is just a little bit longer, and if she goes that route, might as well get a mega kit, they come with a mega atty, and a mega cart. The mega cart holds twice the juice te regular cart does. I still use my mega's I keep two of them loaded with high test for those times I'm craving pretty bad. I also prefer the mega atty/carts to the regular sized ones. I have a tank system, and if I do anything else (except for dripping) I fall back on the mega carts, they have lasted me an hour when everything behaved!

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
The standard 510 batt is 180 mah, the Mega is 280 mah. That should give more runtime. It's a little longer but not too bad. It'll work with all your regular 510 stuff too, unlike going to a KR8 at this point.

Joye 510 MEGA Manual Switch Battery

You can get an adapter to use 510 attys on the KR8 batt and/or you can use 901 attys directly on a KR8 batt. The XL KR8 batt is 380 mah, and i believe it puts out a full 3.7v. It's honkin long but should last a lot longer than the std 180 mah 510 batt.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
I struggled with battery life for months. I couldn't get my off my need to have a slim cigarette looking device.

Thankfully, I got over it. I can blow through a 180MaH battery in under an hour. The XL's last me about 4. I recently picked up a Tornado Mega battery at 1000Mah and I've gone over 18hrs on a charge and still haven't killed that sucker. Before I tried the 1000MaH, I had a Tornado pass-n-go which I can use as a passthrough and unplug and use the charged battery on the go. I'm finding that even with the Pass-n-go right next to me at home, I like the 1000MaH better.

I'm sure there are tons of great mods out there that would further enhance my vaping, but the Mega batt with a Clearomizer...I'm in nirvana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread