Battery pandemonium!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in buying the innokin SVD on fastech.
It requires 18350, 18500 or 18650 batteries.
Am I correct in assuming that, for length of battery usage (mah) that the 18650 would be the way to go? And with so many models/brands of batteries, I'm at a loss for direction here.
Help me avoid buyer's remorse and tell me what battery would be the best for it, please?:unsure:

For example, would this battery/charger combo be good? Amazon.com : 4pcs Ultrafire 18650 4000 mAh 3.7V Li-ion Rechargeable Battery + 1pcs charger : Electronics

Or this battery?... Amazon.com: Panasonic CGR18650CG Rechargeable 3.6V Li-ion 18650 Battery 2250mAh, 3008: Electronics

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Panasonic brand is a much better battery than an Ultrafire, I can tell you that much.

I don't own an SVD, so I'm not certain what battery Innokin recommends from the following: protected vs IMR? Flat top or button top battery, or doesn't matter?

The SVD is a regulated, processor-controlled PV, which most manufacturers recommend using a high drain IMR battery if you plan on using the variable voltage/wattage feature above 4 volts.

That Ultrafire in your link is a protected battery, not a high drain IMR battery. The Panasonic in the link is a hybrid/IMR high drain and looks to be a flat top.

Definitely get the Panasonic based on name brand of higher quality and because it is an IMR high drain battery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread