Inokin svd battery question

Status
Not open for further replies.

penrow

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
United States
just ordered svd from fastech ,
$37.21 INNOKIN iTaste SVD Telescoping Variable Voltage E-Cigarette Mod / Battery Compartment at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
it only has the short tube but supports up to 18650 battery

charger I got was nitecore
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...ore-i2-lithium-li-ion-ni-mh-ni-cd-smart-batte

The batteries I want are the panasonic 18650 3400 mah from fastech but I was concerned about battery being a little too large for the short tube of the svd, also confused about button top or flat top , and protected or unprotected. They have different variations and they may all work (or may not) but which would be the best? This is my first "MOD" and first time using the rechargeable batteries other than AA and AAA that I use in my digital cameras and remotes

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
the 3400b is the wrong battery, it is not a high drain battery and while it may work it shouldnt be used in a regulated mod. I would suggest getting the 2900 PD from panasonic instead. regulated mods should only be used with high drain batteries, (this means the battery can release up to 10 amps or more of current for the voltage conversion circuit if needed) whereas the 3400b is a 6.8 amp limit.

you do not need protected batteries in a regulated mod as the mod itself has protections in place.

as for lenght most of the batteries are the same size with a few mm extra for a button top, this should not make a difference as the SVD is telescopic and is adjustable tube length

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Thanks Thrasher is this the ones?
$13.62 Panasonic NCR18650PD 18650 3.6V 2900mAH Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries (2-Pack) 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
just ordered a set so I hope they are , the 3.6 volts rating kind of confused me a minute because most others were 3.7 volt

FT can be kind of wacky with the voltage ratings. they said they just dont have time to repair every post if not overly important or a safety issue..

but those batteries are really nice in a regulated mod i now have 6 and use them in everything. you will see the best time after a couple charges. i have one mod I only use part time just for work (i cant vape a lot) and I get almost a week out of them

penrow

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
United States
well this is my first mod , I think with the svd , nitecore charger and those batteries is a nice setup for $66. especially considering that the batteries and charger could be used with something else, and if i like the svd and something were to happen to it , i can get another for only $38 bucks, not too bad considering i paid $30 for a joyetech ego twist. now waiting on the slow boat from china!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread