The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Volunteer to help with beta testing!

We’re working on getting the site updates ready, but we’ll need your help to check the changes, make sure everything makes sense to you, and report any issues you see. If you'd like to volunteer to help with beta testing, click the link below. The first 20 people to respond to this thread will be added to the team!

View thread
    Dismiss Notice

Battery questions

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by kcirederf, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kcirederf

kcirederf Full Member

Aug 19, 2013
    singapore
    Hi Guys,

Going crazy here ... So sorry but dumb questions again ...

I finally gonna get my iTaste SVD this Sat (hopefully) and wanna prepare my batteries ...

I'm planning to get AW IMR 18650 (mini cocktail sausages), at the same time I'm not sure if they are protected (shopkeeper confusing me )... from what I gathered thats very important ...

I can't get hold of Li-Mn batts at the moment so thats out of the equation,

Lastly whats the mAh thingy and how does it effect vaping ? i saw 2 types 1600 & 2000mAh

I apologize for asking but after reading some blogs and threads people have up ... I'm not closer to understanding and i swear I'm starting to see stars and unicorns floating around lol ...

Thank you for any feedback =)

2. Travis180

Travis180 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2013
    Alcoa Tn.
    The svd doesn't need protected batteries. You should get AW. IMR 18650's 2000mah would b my choice.

This is my setup on my svd

3. kcirederf

kcirederf Full Member

Aug 19, 2013
    singapore
    Hmmm ? Y not may I ask ?

4. Travis180

Sep 7, 2013
    Alcoa Tn.
    The protection is built into the device.

5. sail-fannie
    This message by sail-fannie has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Sep 30, 2013, Reason: Unregistered supplier.
    Sep 30, 2013
  6. kcirederf

kcirederf Full Member

Aug 19, 2013
    singapore
    I see, thanks alot travis =) as for the mAh 1600 & 2000 mAh ? how does it effect vaping ?

7. Travis180

Sep 7, 2013
    Alcoa Tn.
    If u will look in your instructions that came with your SVD you will also see in order to get the full range of voltage/ wattage u will have to use 2 18350's stacked! I don't like doing that but I did contact inokkin and they claim it is safe.

8. kcirederf

kcirederf Full Member

Aug 19, 2013
    singapore
    hmmm ... its gonna be huge lol ... thanks alot travis =) I'll keep those in mind ...

9. Travis180

Sep 7, 2013
    Alcoa Tn.
    1600 or 2000 will vape the same just last longer per charge on the 2000's

10. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    You are a supplier and should not be posting in the forum, which is forbidden by ECF rules. :rules:

Not only that, you are obviously ignorant of the types of batteries that the OP needs. You don't suggest an eGo battery for a APV, they require replaceable rechargeable batteries. :facepalm:

11. Baditude

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    A short Cliff Notes lesson in mod battery education:

There are three types of batteries that can be used in mods: IMR, Protected Li Ion, and Hybrid.

IMR is a safe-chemistry and high drain battery. The chemicals used in these are safer than Li Ion, which to be used in a mod require built-in protective circuits. Hybrid batteries are a new type of battery which combine the best qualities of IMR and protected Li Ion.

IMRs are the preferred class of battery to be used in most applications. Your SVD is a regulated (variable) mod, so it requires the high drain ability of the IMR.

"MAh" is a somewhat dubious rating for batteries nowaday, but it can provide a rough estimation of how long a battery should last in use between charges. The more mAh a battery has the longer it should last during use. Be aware that some battery manufacturers inflate the mAh ratings of their batteries to increase sales.

Below are the IMR or hybrid batteries I recommend for your SVD:

AW IMR
    18650 2000mah 10A

Panasonic ​or Orbtronic hybrid
    NCR18650PD (high drain-high capacity) 2900mAh 10A
    CGR18650CH (IMR/Li Ion hybrid) 2250mAh 10A

Sony IMR
    us18650v3 IMR 2250mAh 10A

Efest IMR
    18650 2000mah 10A

* AW IMR
    18490 (1100mah) 8.8A

*AW IMR
    18350 ​(700mah) 6A​
    Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/129569-rechargeable-batteries.html

12. kcirederf

kcirederf Full Member

Aug 19, 2013
    singapore
    Thanks alot guys ... saved my life =) hey bad good to see you r doing well =)

13. Baditude

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Thank you. Do I know you? :confused:

14. WarHawk-AVG

WarHawk-AVG Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2013
    H-Town
  15. st0nes

st0nes New Member

Sep 30, 2013
    South Africa
    I have a new Twisp Clearo with the 650 MaH automatic battery. I have RTFM and can't find any way to tell when the battery is fully charged. When the battery is put on charge it flashes, and the charger has an indicator light on it; but there is no way to tell when the charging process is complete. Am I missing something?

16. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    The indicator light should either change colors (i.e., from red to green) or go off when the battery is no longer charging.

FWIW, the Twisp system (available only in South Africa, as I recall) has received very poor reviews from ECF SA members. You might consider an upgrade to a more reliable Ego-type system.

17. Baditude

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    And here I thought that was just a "typo" for Twist. :facepalm:

18. Isapinky76

Isapinky76 New Member

The higher the mAh, the longer your battery life between charges.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.