Kamry Kit Battery Specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalClouds

Oct 4, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Hi, I was trying to determine the best resistance to safely run my coils at with whatever no-name battery Kamry slaps their labels on for that k100 kit (the 18650 2000mAh and the 18350 900mAh), so I was wondering if anyone knows what the C rating is on these batteries. They're ICR, by the way. And yes, I know that IMR batteries have a "safer" internal chemistry, I'd just hate to have two perfectly good batteries sitting around gathering dust. Don't worry, I'm only using Li-Mn on my sub ohm setups.:p

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My personal feeling is any generic no-name-brand battery isn't worth using in any mod for any reason. It's not worth the risk.

Generic batteries are re-wrapped rejects. I just don't see how anyone can put a positive spin on an unknown battery of unknown quality by an unknown manufacturer. You probably can't even tell if they are a protected ncr or a non-protected ncr, which has absolutely no application in vaping.

SoCalClouds

Oct 4, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Well, I mean, they aren't quite no names, they're probably cheap batteries, yes, but I'm fairly certain they're protected, I don't think any manufacturer would put unprotected anything in a mod kit...

they're wrapped with the Kamry logo, as you can see here
IMG_20131004_003849[1].jpg

Honestly I'd rather keep them around as backups, no sense in getting rid of something that could very well keep me from buying a cheap disposable when my IMRs run too low. They work without the slightest of trouble in my telescoping zmax. I was just curious as to whether anyone else had bought the k100 kit (I'm sure plenty of people have) and if they had taken any time to research the actual C rating of these batteries. I just like to know the exact specs of everything I use so I can make informed decisions on what I'm doing.

So, yeah, if anyone knows the C rating for each of these batteries off-hand that would be sweet. Thanks in advance

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Well, I mean, they aren't quite no names, they're probably cheap batteries, yes, but I'm fairly certain they're protected, I don't think any manufacturer would put unprotected anything in a mod kit...

they're wrapped with the Kamry logo, as you can see here
View attachment 258227

Kamry is not a recognizeable battery last I checked, and certainly no better than a Trustfire, Surefire, or Ultrafire battery which I would never use. Don't put so much faith in Chinese vendors or distributors. FastTech has been known to throw in un-protected ncr batteries in their mod kits confirmed by members on this forum.

SoCalClouds

Oct 4, 2013
Long Beach, CA
Kamry is not a recognizeable battery last I checked, and certainly no better than a Trustfire, Surefire, or Ultrafire battery which I would never use. Don't put so much faith in Chinese vendors or distributors. FastTech has been known to throw in un-protected ncr batteries in their mod kits confirmed by members on this forum.

I came to see if anyone knew the actual manufacturer of these batteries and/or C rating. You're not somehow going to magically convince me to throw away brand new perfectly functional batteries that have never so much as gotten warm. Thanks anyway, but you obviously don't have the answer to my question.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Ok, I just spent a good 15 minutes on Google trying to find a smidgen of information on a Kamry battery for you. None exists. These are likely reject batteries that were re-wrapped with a Kamry shrink wrap label by either Kamry themselves or by some Chinese middleman distributor. No telling what the specs are. If Kamry was proud enough to list the specs on the battery they likely would. You'll likely never get any specs on the battery unless you can somehow get in touch with Kamry themselves. Good luck with that.

Edit: Danca, you came up with more than I did. Kudos. Still doesn't give the information that the OP needs. It looks like you can contact the company by clicking the link. That's your best bet.

Last edited:
Okay, yeah, from what I could gather the max discharge rating was 1.0C, which would mean my peak amperage would be 2 amps. at 4 volts with my 2.4 ohm protank heads, I'm only pulling 1.6 amps. 4 volts is pushing it too, if I were to run it like I usually do at 3.7 I'd only be pulling 1.54. They should be fine for emergency use, so I'll keep them in my bag. Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread