Battery stuck in the on position with a 510?? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMugsy

Sep 9, 2009
Howdy all,

Long time, no talk, which I suppose would be a good thing as it means the e-cig hasn't broken down too much. If this topic has already been discussed, I apologize for the multiple post, as I tried searching the forums and didn't find much except for "batteries on their last legs".

Here's my issue; have a fairly new (manual) battery, just purchased it a month or two ago, and it's been working fine. However, about 2-3 days ago, it decided it wanted to get stuck in an "on" position. I've had batteries want to stick on a little bit in the past, you jiggle the button a couple time or unscrew and rescrew and it stops. (For anybody that's ever found their e-cig having an atomizer that feels like it just got delivered from the bowels of hell, it's just smoking hot, that's why!)
:evil:

What's odd, it's got a blue light at the end, that doesn't seem to light up at all anymore, and yet, when I screw the battery onto the atomizer, you can instantly hear it bubbling and churning (as if pressing the button) and the atomizer gets hot in no time. It seems to hold a charge, I guess I could just keep unscrewing it and rescrewing it, which would be a major pain in the keester to be perfectly honest. I guess my question would be, has this ever happened to anybody else, and is there any way to "unstick" it? I'm guessing some e-juice may have gotten inside under the switch/button, unfortunately it looks like a completely sealed battery that I wouldn't be able to get inside of. :confused:

PS/Edit: Oh yeah, I also tried doing the whole "scrape junk out of the screw connector and swab it out"... to still have it do the same. :-/

Last edited:

vapordraggin101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
Were you using an LR atty? I had two megabatts do that in one day while using an LR. You might want to order a new batt, dispose of that one, and (if you are using an LR) only use LR attys on big battery mods.

Just thought I'd mention this.

I started with LR atty's on 3 Reg. Joye 510 batteries over a month ago and the batteries were 2 months old then and still going strong. I charge them at least 2 times a day no problems yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread