San Diego, CA
Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If you Liked the BBC's Article, and that that it was Fair and Balanced, wouldn't it be a Good Call to Contact the BBC and let them Know?

BBC News - Contacting BBC News programmes

If for Nothing Else, to Counter Balance the Negative e-Mails from People who are Sure to Contact them saying How Evil e-Cigarettes actually are?

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Also picked up by the Washington Post, WebMd, Newsweek, Healthline, Guardian, Business Insider, and lots more. The major news networks should be picking it up soon.

That the NYT, with its absolutely odious and consistent bias against e-cigs, had to pick it up indicates the significance of the study.

EXCELLENT!!!!

I think that the Longer you look at the Media, the More you Realize that they just Publish what Sells more Advertising Dollars. And that is Driven by Printed Sales or Web Hits.

If More Anti e-Cigarette people write in and say they Loved Some Article, than that is what they want to run with. Because that means their Advertisers are get More Exposure. Even if a "Significant" Study contradicts what the have be Publishing.

The Media will Publish things like the Drexel Study. But Only if they felt that More People wanted to hear about than Didn't.

We have/are Constantly Losing this War of Words. Because when we Like, or Dislike, something, we post it here, on the ECF. But when the Anti e-Cigarette people of the World Like or Dislike something, they e-Mail the Publisher.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Ripshod

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
Goole, United Kingdom
If you Liked the BBC's Article, and that that it was Fair and Balanced, wouldn't it be a Good Call to Contact the BBC and let them Know?

BBC News - Contacting BBC News programmes

If for Nothing Else, to Counter Balance the Negative e-Mails from People who are Sure to Contact them saying How Evil e-Cigarettes actually are?

Done!! Get those positive comments in guys.

MelvinTheDude

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
Ohio, USA
I think that the Longer you look at the Media, the More you Realize that they just Publish what Sells more Advertising Dollars. And that is Driven by Printed Sales or Web Hits.

I can speak from experience—they write about what's handed to them from credible sources or sources who have developed a relationship with the reporter. Health news in particular is just a vehicle for various industry groups and non-profits to get their message out.

Is coffee good for heart health? The coffee industry group prewrote the story and put it in the reporters email.

Will food coloring give your child ADHD? Frequent contributor Center for Science in the Public Interest handed the news outlet a mostly completed story.

All the reporter needs to do is call a second source and boom. Done. A big reason you'll see the same names over and over again (e.g. Stan Glantz) is because they've proven themselves reliable and timely with their responses.

CASAA has proven itself ineffective at building this kind of relationship and will not be considered a resource for the media.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread