The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

bc box mods

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by vapehappy, Jul 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. vapehappy

vapehappy Full Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Any opinions on bc box mods? I've been looking at their boxes and I'm looking to buy one.

2. Rsunderl

Rsunderl Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

[​IMG]
    Hi @vapehappy and welcome aboard!

I looked over their web, and the mods look pretty interesting. And a lifetime warranty is nothing to sneeze at in this industry. They're unregulated, you know. Have you used unregulated devices before and are you aware of the battery safety aspects when using them? If not, we can suggest some reading that will help you get up to speed.

Happy Vaping!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Darth Omerta

Darth Omerta Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2015
    Safety first! Check out all the info you can on unregulated mods with batteries both in parallel and in series. Both have their advantages and their own set of safety concerns. With all the possibilities available these days, i would go for regulated.

4. vapehappy

vapehappy Full Member

Jul 11, 2015
    I have a good grasp on battery safety and ohms law calculator is my best friend. But I have never used a unregulated box mod but I have did alot of research lately on both series and parallel boxes.

5. Darth Omerta

Jun 22, 2015
    Then by all means! As long as you vape safe and understand the gear you're using then you're good to go. Let us know how they are!

6. vapehappy

vapehappy Full Member

Jul 11, 2015
  7. Darth Omerta

Jun 22, 2015
    :headbang:

For the record i use mechs exclusively. Im not against unregulated mods at all. Just making sure fellow vapers are safe!

8. vapehappy

vapehappy Full Member

Jul 11, 2015
    All ive ever used is mechs but im looking for better battery life. A battery in my mech last about 3-4 hours. Ive heard in a box mod they last about 12 hours and that sounds just amazing to me.

9. suprtrkr

suprtrkr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've never had one, or know anybody who has. Just looking at their website, I have to say a lifetime warranty is impressive as all get out. They've apparently been in business for a while, too. I have to repeat Darth's comment: safety first. Having done so, and mindful of your citing the Ohm's Law Calculator, I'd say go for it. No offense, but this is New Members and we get quite a few who are a mushroom cloud looking for the spot with the X on it; I wouldn't care for any of them to read this and not hear the safety message :) Curiosity compels me to ask, which model did you want? And is this intended to be a contest mod?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Darth Omerta

Jun 22, 2015
    They can. What kind of battery are you using? I can get about 8 hours out of my vtc4s(im not quite a chain vaper but i don't take it easy either). I run duals at .5 on my Dark Horse RDA which i use on my King v2

11. vapehappy

vapehappy Full Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Im either getting the aurora switch box or the mini series box. And ive never been to a competition but I want to really soon. And ive been watching alot of different reviews about their boxes and everyone seems really impressed by them.

12. vapehappy

vapehappy Full Member

Jul 11, 2015
    I use efest 35a (20a cont.) But I guess I can say im a chain vapor. That's probably why they drain so fast.

13. suprtrkr

Ok. If you're a mekkie, make up your own mind. You know what you're doing, or you wouldn't still be alive. I have to wonder, though, why not buy a regulated box if you really want to carry two batteries and it isn't a contest mod. The Sigielei 150 is going at about the same price and makes a good bit more power. Just a thought. That certainly is a nice looking box mod. If you get one, I hope it works as good as it looks.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Darth Omerta

Jun 22, 2015
    Well anybody who is willing to back their product with a lifetime warranty is likely using some quality materials. I would be interested in trying one myself. Im not much for competition vaping. I like some of the mechs amd drippers used in comps but i vape for my enjoyment and i build for the hobby, no need to show off my cloud, it gets noticed anyway lol.

15. Darth Omerta

Jun 22, 2015
    Just a warning,

I would advise against efest. Its not a 35A anything. Its a rewrap of a B or C bin battery. I would never load them in anything that was meant for comps and i would be very cautious of loading them in anything unregulated.

If all you're running is .7 and up the efest is fine. Upgrade your batteries first. Also married batteries are key in anything that takes multiple batts.

16. vapehappy

vapehappy Full Member

Jul 11, 2015
    I already know my batteries arent great. The day I get my box mod im getting some vtc5s.
    And I want an unregulated so I can be ready for a comp when I go. There is one really soon close by and im gonna go to it.

17. vapehappy

vapehappy Full Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Im buying two sets of them so I can have two married batts.

18. Darth Omerta

Jun 22, 2015
    Sounds great. I still personally prefer the vtc4 but thats my preference. Glad to hear you're going after some new batts!

19. suprtrkr

That's a good answer. If you intend to push the mod to the battery's limits for competition, the safety margin is thicker with VTC4's. @Mooch has done some bench tests on common batteries and a very nice chart on what to get for which purpose can be found here.

20. vapehappy

vapehappy Full Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Okay well vtc4s it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.