The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Be Sure Your AW Batteries are Genuine - How to Tell

Discussion in 'Batteries and Chargers' started by Vwls, May 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vwls

Vwls Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    AZ
    [​IMG]

(mod, please sticky this?)

:toast:

2. Rat2chat2

Rat2chat2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2013
    Fantasy Island
    I did not know this but have never worried about it because I buy from a good vendor. RTD Vapes. Great place. Thank you for posting this for all to know though. :)

3. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I didn't know all the little details about the new label Vwls, thanks! Great stuff :thumb:

4. DreamWithin

DreamWithin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 15, 2012
    New England
    Good info. I've seen other tutorials on identifying fakes from before the holographic labels, it's nice to be able to update/add to that knowledge :)

The best way to avoid counterfeits, of course, is to buy from reputable dealers. Most of the times I've been asked the question of "is my battery real?" have been from people that bought them on ebay or similar. You can find a list of authorized US distributors here, and a link in the sidebar there for authorized UK distributors

5. dr g

dr g Moved On ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2012
    Paradise
    Where did this information come from? Anyone can deal directly with AW and there is no secret method for doing it. As far as I know AW does not have an authorized dealer list ... so what gives?

6. DreamWithin

DreamWithin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 15, 2012
    New England
    I don't know the details about how that list was populated, sorry. I assume it is just a list of dealers who are confirmed to have sourced their batteries directly from AW. There is a note about contacting AW regarding vendors on another page of that site

7. dr g

Mar 12, 2012
    Paradise
    Well I can tell you that list is at best incomplete. Buying from AW is basically a paypal transaction, there's no way he would necessarily know a payment comes from a certain business, if the purchasing account does not bear the business's name.

8. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    The above list is compiled by Rolygate, our ECF forum administrator and a world reknown authority on batteries.

Andrew Wan (AW) responds to inquiries at this forum CPFMarketplace.

9. dr g

Mar 12, 2012
    Paradise
    I'm relating firsthand information. Just about anyone and certainly any business can order genuine AW batteries directly from AW, there is no formal distributorship program or anything.

10. Vwls

Vwls Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    AZ
    My eyes aren't good enough to see the finer detail on these labels. :oops: I need a magnifying glass!

11. catilley1092

catilley1092 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 3, 2013
    North Carolina, USA
    I get my AW IMR 18490's from ProVape, it's the recommended one for their premier mod (the ProVari), so it's safe to assume they would only carry genuine batteries.

It's unwise to purchase these at too low to be true prices on eBay, because it is too good to be true.

Would rather pay the extra couple of dollars & shipping for the genuine (& safe) product.

Cat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.