:toast:

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
Good info. I've seen other tutorials on identifying fakes from before the holographic labels, it's nice to be able to update/add to that knowledge :)

The best way to avoid counterfeits, of course, is to buy from reputable dealers. Most of the times I've been asked the question of "is my battery real?" have been from people that bought them on ebay or similar. You can find a list of authorized US distributors here, and a link in the sidebar there for authorized UK distributors

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Good info. I've seen other tutorials on identifying fakes from before the holographic labels, it's nice to be able to update/add to that knowledge :)

The best way to avoid counterfeits, of course, is to buy from reputable dealers. Most of the times I've been asked the question of "is my battery real?" have been from people that bought them on ebay or similar. You can find a list of authorized US distributors here, and a link in the sidebar there for authorized UK distributors

Where did this information come from? Anyone can deal directly with AW and there is no secret method for doing it. As far as I know AW does not have an authorized dealer list ... so what gives?

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
The above list is compiled by Rolygate, our ECF forum administrator and a world reknown authority on batteries.

Andrew Wan (AW) responds to inquiries at this forum CPFMarketplace.

I'm relating firsthand information. Just about anyone and certainly any business can order genuine AW batteries directly from AW, there is no formal distributorship program or anything.

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
I get my AW IMR 18490's from ProVape, it's the recommended one for their premier mod (the ProVari), so it's safe to assume they would only carry genuine batteries.

It's unwise to purchase these at too low to be true prices on eBay, because it is too good to be true.

Would rather pay the extra couple of dollars & shipping for the genuine (& safe) product.

Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread