Been a while since I've been at this level...but I have a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
It's been a while since I've been using an EGO type setup, but I have a mother in law that still uses and prefers the EGO type batteries and a CE-5 style atomizer. She dislikes the size and weight of anything larger than an ego type battery, and likes the atomizers to be flush with the EGO battery. She uses 1.8 and 2.4 ohm coils, and uses about 30ml per two months of zero nic juice. She vapes only to satisfy the eye-hand-mouth sensation of smoking since she used to smoke a pack per day for over 40 years. She still uses the same EGO batteries that she bought 3 years ago. For a while, she was using the Mystic ecig setup, but those batteries didn't last at all, the company seems to be in financial trouble, and the style she uses is no longer being sold/made. so, she's going back to her Ego setups. She has tried my setups, everything from a cloupor mini, cuboid, etc... she just doesn't like box mods or the size of an 18650 tube at all.

Now, my question, it's been a while since I've been at this level. What atomizers have that restrictive airflow that she likes, come sin about a 1.8 ohm coil, will not crack, and can be turned over on it's side for a while without leaking. Most of her CE4's are cracked like expected. I don't know what has been done in recent times to make them more reliable for leaking, and longevity. I looked on kangertechs sight and it seems they don't have any ego style products on their page. (I tried searching for Protank, nothing comes up)... any suggestions?

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
My friend in my pool team has been using this for a few months and she is very happy with it. I have tried it and it does have a tight draw similar to the old iclear16's that i used a few years back, but the flavor is much better in these. Seems a little pricey for what it is, but it does come with 5 extra coils.

Aspire K1 Starter Kit

Kanger Evod starter kit is extremely popular too. This kit comes with two batteries, two coils and 5 extra coils. You could probably find it cheaper somewhere other than the kanger site, but that's the first site that came up when i searched.

Kanger E-vod starter kit

Reactions: Bonskibon

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
It's been a while since I've been using an EGO type setup, but I have a mother in law that still uses and prefers the EGO type batteries and a CE-5 style atomizer. She dislikes the size and weight of anything larger than an ego type battery, and likes the atomizers to be flush with the EGO battery. She uses 1.8 and 2.4 ohm coils, and uses about 30ml per two months of zero nic juice. She vapes only to satisfy the eye-hand-mouth sensation of smoking since she used to smoke a pack per day for over 40 years. She still uses the same EGO batteries that she bought 3 years ago. For a while, she was using the Mystic ecig setup, but those batteries didn't last at all, the company seems to be in financial trouble, and the style she uses is no longer being sold/made. so, she's going back to her Ego setups. She has tried my setups, everything from a cloupor mini, cuboid, etc... she just doesn't like box mods or the size of an 18650 tube at all.

Now, my question, it's been a while since I've been at this level. What atomizers have that restrictive airflow that she likes, come sin about a 1.8 ohm coil, will not crack, and can be turned over on it's side for a while without leaking. Most of her CE4's are cracked like expected. I don't know what has been done in recent times to make them more reliable for leaking, and longevity. I looked on kangertechs sight and it seems they don't have any ego style products on their page. (I tried searching for Protank, nothing comes up)... any suggestions?

If you can't find a protank mini or aerotank mini I'd suggest looking at what Anyvape has to offer, remember their Davide and Davide Mini's were very similar, used the protank heads, later versions could use both kanger and aspire heads, then after that look at what Aspire has to offer maybe.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I'd consider myself an advanced vaper but recently (partially due to the FDA) "re" bought the kit I started with! The Kanger EVOD Kit with a few Mini Protanks.

They're glass with an easy coil to swap out, and the best part is (if you rebuild) you can rebuild them for her and have an endless supply of coils!

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama

Aspire ET-S is a a great way to go. I still use mine occasionally.

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
    Sep 16, 2014
    BFE, Illinois
    When my Mother (75) was ready for the next level up from egos she really enjoyed using Innokin vv's with Aspire et-s tanks (glass).
    She had several and used them for about a year.
    She is now using Eleaf 20w and Aspire Nautilus mini.
    It took her a while to get used to it, but she likes it now.

I think the newer VV come in two lengths (battery size) so the smaller one may be somewhere to start to see if she likes it.
    When she gets used to its girth, the next step she may not even notice the length of the bigger mah battery.

And by girth, its really not much bigger than a ego, its just square......bonus is it won't roll!

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 28, 2014
    North Georgia USA
    Second (third?) the Aspire K1. Rugged little tanks and still available individually if her batteries are still good. Dropped mine several times, once from a height, without breaking the glass. Did wring the metal inner tube off on one of my oldest ones. Not sure if it was user error or just not swagged on as well as it should have been. Probably a combination of both...

Older ones that originally had a horizontal coil have a slightly tighter draw than the current ones that come with the vertical coil. Diameter of the inner tube is now slightly larger. Discovered this by accident recently when I noticed that cheap 'Dollar store' cotton swabs will go all the way inside the two newer ones but not the remaining old one.

Continuity

ECF Veteran
    Apr 19, 2015
    NW, UK
    These are available for USD$1 each when you buy a 7-pack from Fasttech: $7.20 H2 Bottom Coil Clearomizers (2ml/7-Pack) 7-pack - 2.5ohm / ships with one of each color at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

1587900-1.jpg

Or you can buy the 'original' CE4s even cheaper than that: $9.44 CE4 1.6mL Electronic Cigarettes Round Mouth Atomizer (10-Pack) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

1355000-5.jpg

Grimwald

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 12, 2012
    Lawrence KS
    I like the evod or the protank II mini. The protank is glass and the evod comes in either glass or plastic. However they are both bottom fill tanks. If your mother-in-law is into top fill, there is always the old trusty kanger T2...a little hard to find now-a-days.

Kanger T2 ecig clearomizer for ego batteries

If she could go a little larger (19mm) the joyetech aio is pretty nifty.

Reactions: NealBJr
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread