Been a while since I've been at this level...but I have a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
These are available for USD$1 each when you buy a 7-pack from fasttech: $7.20 H2 Bottom Coil Clearomizers (2ml/7-Pack) 7-pack - 2.5ohm / ships with one of each color at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

1587900-1.jpg

Or you can buy the 'original' CE4s even cheaper than that: $9.44 CE4 1.6mL Electronic Cigarettes Round Mouth Atomizer (10-Pack) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

1355000-5.jpg
I used 2 or 3 of those H2's for many months way back when.
They are plastic however and cheap with a capital C.
But they do the job just fine. imo. Cheers.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.

She's currently using an H2 that she got from the setup she has now, and the CE5's she has are cracked. With the FDA's ruling looming over her, she wants something a little more durable. These are the ones that leak when you lay them on their side, so that is why I'm seeing if anything's come out since these that have addressed the problem.

I am a regular user of Fasttech, and plan on getting a Smok guardian III VERY soon.. it's in the basket, and will probably get it in a week or two. She'ls probably going to get a few EGO type batteries from them to tag along with my order. My suggestion so far is this setup, but she likes the Rainbow colors of the regular EGO.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
I was going to suggest the new fad of "pod" set ups, similar to egos but supposedly more battery time and better atty.

The Juul, The Ploom, the Aura and The myJET Express. OughtVape has a couple types too.

She's afraid that those are too much on the "fad" style... she's been burned by the Mystic's.. she fell for them, liked them, now they're discontinued... I doubt she'll want to try any of those...but they do look nice. Besides, she vapes zero nic, most of those have nicotine, and are quite expensive.

Reactions: DavidOck

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
I have a few Esmart kits , great for what it is, leak proof,v very light, great battery life , very decent hit.....I give it 5 stars, I can't comment on the other starter kits as I've never used them

I looked at the Esmart, and it was the only "newish" thing other than the CE4=5/protank setup I've seen since then. I highly trust Kangertech to be around for a while, and I know I can trust them. However, those are disposable clearomizers, and I think she's looking for something a little more permanent. It is very attractive, well made, and a sleek little device, well made, but not with the features she's looking for.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Talk to her about the value of VV, so she can adjust to her tastes. :)

And do check around for FT shipping time on batteries. IIRC they take longer, so if so you may want them in a separate order.

I still have a few EGO twists around, and she's using one of mine as we speak. She does like the option to change the voltage.

I've let her try some of my vapes, and she's always saying mine are too strong... Even my .7 ohm setup running at 20 watts is too much for her... I exhaled once from my TFV4 on my Releaux and asked if she wanted to try... she said no way. :) (and yes, I use a kepler type heat sink on that setup so I won't ruin the releaux's 510)

And yes, I know about the battery times... I am fairly experienced at ordering from FT. :) I've warned her about that too.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
When my Mother (75) was ready for the next level up from egos she really enjoyed using Innokin vv's with Aspire et-s tanks (glass).
She had several and used them for about a year.
She is now using Eleaf 20w and Aspire Nautilus mini.
It took her a while to get used to it, but she likes it now.

I think the newer VV come in two lengths (battery size) so the smaller one may be somewhere to start to see if she likes it.
When she gets used to its girth, the next step she may not even notice the length of the bigger mah battery.

And by girth, its really not much bigger than a ego, its just square......bonus is it won't roll!

She's not wild about the size of my cloupor mini.. which is one of the smallest 18650 mods out there. As much as I would want her to take a step up, I don't think she's the type to go that route.

Reactions: Tmebs

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
It's been a while since I've been using an EGO type setup, but I have a mother in law that still uses and prefers the EGO type batteries and a CE-5 style atomizer. She dislikes the size and weight of anything larger than an ego type battery, and likes the atomizers to be flush with the EGO battery. She uses 1.8 and 2.4 ohm coils, and uses about 30ml per two months of zero nic juice. She vapes only to satisfy the eye-hand-mouth sensation of smoking since she used to smoke a pack per day for over 40 years. She still uses the same EGO batteries that she bought 3 years ago. For a while, she was using the Mystic ecig setup, but those batteries didn't last at all, the company seems to be in financial trouble, and the style she uses is no longer being sold/made. so, she's going back to her Ego setups. She has tried my setups, everything from a cloupor mini, cuboid, etc... she just doesn't like box mods or the size of an 18650 tube at all.

Now, my question, it's been a while since I've been at this level. What atomizers have that restrictive airflow that she likes, come sin about a 1.8 ohm coil, will not crack, and can be turned over on it's side for a while without leaking. Most of her CE4's are cracked like expected. I don't know what has been done in recent times to make them more reliable for leaking, and longevity. I looked on kangertechs sight and it seems they don't have any ego style products on their page. (I tried searching for Protank, nothing comes up)... any suggestions?

Hands down, Kangertech EVOD kit. Comes with 5 coils plus 2 clearos with 2 coils, battery matches PERFECTLY with clearos, and what I use many times. Can get in 650mah (short) or longer 1000mah. 1.8ohm or 2.20hm single coils. Perfect vape (for me anyway), and pretty too. Glass is well protected......think it holds 1.8ml or so........
Is it satisfying? For me, yes, and I've been vaping 4+ years, though I have other stuff this is my "go to" on most days. A very nice vape. (uses same coils as the protank II, etc.)
evod1_211fc33b-9fc7-4db9-a0bf-d7b009713d04_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

Tmebs

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2014
BFE, Illinois
She's not wild about the size of my cloupor mini.. which is one of the smallest 18650 mods out there. As much as I would want her to take a step up, I don't think she's the type to go that route.

I totally understand, it was hard to transition my mom to an ego style from cig-a-likes.
But I think you may have misunderstood my post.
I was suggesting an Innokin Itaste VV v4.
They are small and mate up with any ego style carto/tank.:)
:toast:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@NealBJr - I'd strongly suggest the little KangerTech Top Evod kit that came out in March. IMO it's the best thing since sliced bread...for those who still aren't ready for a box mod or larger tube mod!

You get a 650mAh Evod battery + a TopTank Evod little 1.7mL tank with it, as well as a charger Best things are: It takes the readily available Kanger dual coils and IS topfill! It also does NOT leak! It's super easy to fill and to change out the coil, too. I'm using 1 as I write this, even though I have box mods of all sorts, Provari's, etc. The tank also looks/works great on my little Eleaf Mini 10w, my Coolfire IV mod, and others.

I bought 3 from a website because I had a credit there, and I wanted to stash some kits for people I know I'm going to be helping to switch from smoking. They came in, and I decided to open and try 1. After 2-3 days using it...I found another website that had them on clearance...and bought 5 more kits! (Only thing I personally don't like about the kit...is the little stubby drip tip it comes with. I just put a different one on, and I love it!)

MFS has them for less than anywhere else now. Ecigs.com has them for slightly more. BOTH places are less than $12/kit!

Kanger Top Evod Starter Kit - Only has Black now

Kanger TopEvod Kit | Ecig.com - Has Black and Red now

Best deals I've always found on coils, and the ones for these, too...is at Desert Vapes. You can also get 10% your first order of anything from them, with coupon code: 1storder10

Here's their Kanger coils for this tank, in both the BDC upgraded ones (reg. cotton) and the VOCC ones with .... Org. cotton. Both are available in 5 different resistances, too!

$2.95 each/ $11.95 per box of 5 - Kanger VOCC (Organic Cotton Coil)

$1.95 each/$7.95 per box of 5 (personally, I can't tell much difference in the flavor with these forthe lower price - Kanger BDC Upgraded Coils

Last edited:
Reactions: NealBJr

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@NealBJr - OH! I forgot to tell about its size, too! It's really small and doesn't weigh much at all.

Without a drip tip on it, it's only 4 5/8" long, and is 14mm diameter (regular Evod battery diameter).

I also forgot to mention that the tank is GLASS, not just plastic!

Last edited:
Reactions: NealBJr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread